13// The Mirror

"Vee! You're calling me wow."
"Yeah I thought about this a million times but, I've decided that it's best that we move on from this, we have a daughter Cesar, we can't fight like this it will affect her in the future." Venus mumbles.
Cesar lets out a deep breath through the phone,

" thank you so much you don't understand how sorry I am I didn't mean for any of this to happen I am so sorry Venus."
"Yeah, forgive you. Look I won't hold you long but Mercy is having a recital in 30 minutes I know it's last minute, I'm sorry but if you would like to come you're welcome to." She says as she looks over at her daughter getting dress with the help of her instructors.

"30 min- yeah! Yeah! I'm leaving the office exactly now I'm on my way thank you so much, thank you! Text me the address."

"Alright." She then hung up and shot him the address. Then left to take her seat next to Jack.
"How did that go?" Jack asks as he throws his arm around her.
"Okay, he's on his way now."

They both let out a deep sigh.
***

"Daddy Cesar! You came!" Mercy shouted and ran towards Cesar by the entrance he was waiting by to greet her with flowers in his hand. he picks her up in, spins her around and then gives her multiple kisses. He missed her.

Venus blushes at the interaction she feels very bad for keeping her from him. "Are those for me?" Venus asks.
"Yes because you're my little star. I'm sorry I haven't been around I missed you so much."  He puts his forehead on hers and then kisses it." Soon Jack and Venus walks up to both giving him a wave.
"Hey! Where are you guys headed after this?" He asks.
"Oh um... we were going to head to Jack's parents house." His eyes dropped to sadness which made Venus heart sank. "But you should take Mercy. We need a night off anyway."

"Really? Thank you! We're going to have fun tonight Mercy." He bounces her as Mercy screams "Yay"
"I'll bring her back home, we won't be out late."
Venus nods and gives her daughter a kiss before her and Jack leaves.
***
Cesar opens the door to his penthouse and she runs to her room. "Wow dad! Are these mine?" She scope the new toys in her room.
"Yeah I thought I'd surprise you." He sits down on the floor with her and help her unbox a toy. "Daddy. I missed you. I haven't seen in a longgggg time."

"I know. It's my fault. I hurt your mom." He ruffles her hair.
"You hurt... mommy?" She asks curiously.
"Yes. And now I'm trying to make it right because what I did was wrong. I care about your mom, alot. And I love you okay?" She nods at his comment as she gets back to her toy.
"Mom has a baby in here." She points to her stomach. His heart sank. She knows. She will be having a brother or a sister. And he wouldn't be the one to give her that, Jack would. But he couldn't be a downer because she was so excited.

"Yeah? I heard. You will be a big sister!" He smiles but it didn't look convincing, thank god she didn't noticed. There soon was a knock in the door. Who would be coming over this time of night?

"Stay here, let me see who's at the door." He says and all Mercy did was nod. She was too distracted with her toys to even care.

Cesar opens the door and sees Johnathan. "Hey man! You weren't answering your phone. I stopped by this that Thai place you love and got you your favorite." Johnathan lifts up the bag and barges in. "Who's this?" He instantly sees the young girl.

"You must be Mercy! You hungry? I got food."

"Who are you?" She asks as Cesar grabs the bag, set it on the island and grab plates. "I'm your uncle John!" He squats down. "You look just like your father."
"I do? That's cool! Can I eat now."
"Yeah kiddo. Come on." He helps her up to the counter as she starts eating.

"Wow man, it's like looking in the mirror."

(A/N PLEASE CHECK OUT SkyBlueAreas
GREAT INTERRACIAL  NOVEL)