1//The Encounter

"Momma, can I wear this?" Mercy says as she lifts up her overalls with her tinker bell shirt. "Yeah so pretty baby. Now go find some shoes to wear." She pushes her daughter towards her closet to pull out her small little vans.

Mercy struggled putting her outfits on, while Vee sat back and watched until she asked for help. After giving her that look Vee sat down on her daughters room floor and helped her put her outfit on.
"Oooooo you like pretty honey!" Becca head popped into the little girls room.

"Thanks!"
"Not you Vee, Mercy did you picked that out yourself." Little Mercy nod her head. "Cool, I wish Aunt Becca could go but I have a huge photo shoot today hun." She  bends down and rubbed the little girls forehead, pushing back the lock of curls from her face.

"Here help me up." Vee says as Becca pulls her up. "Wait for mommy down stairs Mercy."

"Okay" she says as her little legs scurry off downstairs.
"Don't forget to pack me a to-go container, I'm kind of frustrated my shoot had to be the day of this big restaurant opening, so jealous of you guys to get experience it, the food should definitely be well prepared since it's opening day." Becca  says as Vee starts to straighten out her outfit.

"Wow you look hot, mamma. Who are you trying to pick up."
Vee was wearing a peach two piece short suit with a soft pink bustier corset and Jimmy Choo's "Thanks, just because I'm a mom doesn't mean I look have to look a mess."

"And that's on that!"
***

"Can I get cheese?" Mercy asks for the 5th time since they left out the house

"Can I get cheese?" Mercy asks for the 5th time since they left out the house. She is currently holding Ben's hand who is Becca's boyfriend and Vee's bestfriend. "Yes sweetheart. You will get something with cheese."

The three stay closed to each other as the crowded restaurant close in on them. They actually look like family when they go out without Becca. They get sometimes mistaken for that.

"Venus, party for three." The host says, they ride and get escorted to their table. Ben pulls out Vee's chair and helps Mercy in her's.

Flipping through the menu Vee spots baked macaroni and cheese. "Look Mercy they have cheese do you want that it's macaroni."
her daughter eyes widen and she nodded her head with excitement. "Did you decide what you are getting Ben?"

"Yeah I-"

"Are you guys ready to order?" The familiar voice stung Vee's ears. She wasn't wrong when she looked up and saw the familiar face it was her ex Jack.

"Jack!" Mercy says loudly.
"Hi little one how are you? You look beautiful and so do you Vee." Her face heats up. She can't believe this is happening.

" I want macaroni and cheese!" He goes by what Mercy says and write it down then writes down Ben and Vee's order.

"Okay I'll put that in for you guys. You look good Vee. I hope all is well." He finally says and scurries off.

****

"She looks pissed off. Why did she looks pissed off?! What you do what did you say to her?" Cesar says as soon as Jack head straight inside the kitchen.

"Well when you have a past it will be awkward between the two people." He says quietly and that made Cesar heart hammer.

"You two dated? For how long?" Now he's even more pissed.
"Over a year ago and a half, for a while. We broke up after she graduated." He shrugs as he puts the order in.
" Who is the guy? I assume that was her babies father is that her kid? I'm so confused what's going on." Jack didn't know if Caesar was speaking to him or himself because he wasn't given direct words, he was just ranting. This is the longest him and the owner ever talked, he just gave orders and shouted to the Chefs.

"You mean Mercy? She had her during her early years in college. The guy is her best friend. We don't know who the father is. She doesn't like talking about him" Weirded out about this whole encounter, Jack became very curious to why he was so fascinated with Vee.

Cesar was shaking his head looking down as his eyes widen, and walking around the circles and then left out the kitchen he soon go straight to the table where Vee and the other two were sitting.

He eventually stopped halfway and started to think. This is not the time and place to do this because I will make a scene. Cesar just go back to your office and just wait it out until she leaves then you can follow her home.

I will not let her get away this time.