25// The Finale

Cesar was released after being held for 24 hours. The bail was paid. Venus and Cesar lawyered up immediately. Cesar believes he can fight this. Venus not so much.
"We can't take this to the police." Oscar, their lawyer says.
"Why, this is evidence." She points the screenshots she printed out. He back hurt. She was over being pregnant
"You broke into her email. That's illegal."
"Fuck." She says under her breath as she turns to Cesar who is surprisingly calm eating his steak. They are having a meeting at a restaurant close to Mercy school since she has to pick her up soon.
"So what are our options." Cesar asks.
"Well we have to go to trial, it's gonna be a tough fight."
"This is going to ruin everything. Regardless if I'm innocent or not. This is my name being dragged through the mud. I could lose deals." Cesar isn't as calm as he was five seconds ago. It really hit him.

Venus somehow feels like this her fault. She brought this upon herself. Not being true to her feelings and leading on Jack really caused this mess. She really needed to fix this.

She pulls out her phone.

***

"I don't know why you called me Vee. I'm eventually going to get a restraining order."Jack says as he gets out his car. They are currently meeting outside of Mercy's school. Cesar stayed behind because he has a phone meeting at home.
"Cut the shit Jack. I know you lied. I have the emails right here." She pulls out the paper with the emails on them. Jack eyes almost pop out his socket.
"Where you get that?"
"Why does it matter? If you don't drop the charges I'm going to go to the police and show them." She knew Jack wasn't into the law, so she knew he wouldn't know that can't work.

"Why didn't you go to police at first?"

"Because I'm giving you a chance to come clean without getting in trouble. Unlike you I'm not evil. Lie, I don't care but leave Cesar out of it."

"We were good together."

"I don't think so. Cesar would never stoop that low." The bell rings meaning kids will be out any minute. "Do we have ourselves a deal."

"Yeah. Look I'm-" He starts but get cuts off.

"I don't want to hear it. Change it. My daughter is on her way out. I have to go." She then turns to leave.
Seeing her daughter she runs up and jump into Venus arms.
"Hi mommy. I had a great day today." She says.
"You did. Are you ready to go?"
"Yeah I miss daddy."
She kisses her daughters head. "I do too."

***

A phone rings at the middle of the night. "Cesar your phone." She wakes him up and he goes to answer it.

"Really? Okay thank you." He says on the phone the hangs up.

"What's wrong?" She looks at his face which is light.

"Jack changed his statement."

"Oh really?"

"You are a terrible actor."

"I don't know what you're talking about." She says as he drags her under himself. He crash his lips to her.

"Lets get married. Tomorrow." He states.

"What? Don't marry me only because of this."

He then opens the bedside drawer and pulls out two wedding bands.
"I actually bought these wedding bands weeks ago. I know this isn't the proposal you wanted but I was thinking maybe you can-"

"Yes."

"Yes?"

"Yes, I'll marry you tomorrow."

"Wow two kids later. And now we are getting married? We are backwards."

"We really are."

***

I might do an epilogue. But anyways thank you all for sticking with me through this. It took year to right and wow my life has changed drastically. I started a custom T shirt business on Etsy where I make custom shirts for really cheap. I'm also going to law school so I've been studying for the LSAT. I have sooo many ideas for stories but I don't know if I have time to complete them. If I do it will be really short stories. To everyone who stuck around. Thank you.