9// The Competition

"Y'all fucked? Are you stupid?!" Becca says as she whispered shouts. Ben, Becca, Vee, Mercy and Cesar are currently at a pizza diner having dinner. Ben and Cesar got up to order food.

"SSSSHHHH!" She glanced over to Mercy who was coloring.  Venus knows she fucked up. They are back to square one. She felt her guard getting down and she needed to put it back up. It sucked that she felt very vulnerable he had her at the palm of her hand now. "It won't happen again. It was just a momentary lapse  of weakness."
"Mhm if you say so. I hope you told him." Becca said. She noticed how touchy feeling he was getting with Mercy. She wanted to let her know he has a different idea.

"One large half pepperoni/jalapeño and half cheese pizza." He sat the pizza as him and Ben slid in in the booth, Ben on Becca's side while Cesar slid into the booth with his daughter and Vee. "You look so beautiful today." He tried to whisper but the way Becca and Ben looked at her he failed. He clears his throat to mask the embarrassment.
"Thank you." She says softly as he puts his arm over her.
"So it's the little one's birthday in a month." He leans over and looks at his beautiful daughter. "Yeah what are we doing this year?" Becca asks cutting a slice of pizza. "Every year I do a theme. It's usually pretty big." Venus tells him.
"Wow well do your thing then."
"I was thinking a carnival themed would be a great idea. We can put everything outside since the weather  would be nice. You know have booths with games, mini rides. That would be amazing." Her hazel eyes lit up and excitement, it kinda made him upset he wasn't there for the ones before.
"Wow just imagine the bill for all of that." Ben adds.
"I know! Ugh I have to start saving up and write a whole budget out now." She says as she cuts up Pizza for Mercy.
"It's no problem,  just list what you want and email it to me, I'll give you a nice huge budget and we can start ordering everything." Her eyes widen, she usually isn't up for help but he's offering, plus I know he's trying to make up for lost time.
"How much do you make Cesar?"
"Becca!" Venus shout in embarrassment.
"I'm the CEO of at a tech company , so you tell me. I also own a few restaurants." He smirks.
"Wow you would never know, its like you can move out our place any day now." Venus kicks her leg and get her to knock it off. "Ouch!"
"Um I haven't really looked for places. Been pretty busy." He rubs the back of his head.
"It's fine, I know Mercy is happy to having you living with us." She turns to him and gives him a warm smile, but soon drops it when she sees whose behind him.
"Venus!" Jacks walks over and scans the table and see Cesar as well as her other friends. "Boss! Hi wow. This is weird. Uh you guys know each other? Hey Rebecca, Ben. Mercy hi beautiful!"
"Yeah um, Cesar is Mercy's father." Jack heart sunk and eyes widen.
"Wow so this was the mystery man. I can see the resemblance." He taps his shoulder. Cesar is overall uncomfortable. He knows Jack and Vee had a past relationship, and he's trying to keep it in the past.

"Mommy can I get some napkins."  Mercy asks then Venus hops up.
"I'll be right back it seems like we forgot some." She tells her. "I'll walk with you." Jack says as she scoots at the booth.
"Awkward." Becca chimes. If this bitch doesn't shut the fuck up. Cesar thinks. "What do you think they are discussing?" Becca whispers to Ben but Cesar overhears. He glances over and see how them having a light convo giggling and him leaning over to hug her. She looks amazing wearing a black corset that snugs comfortably with cream shorts and cream blazer. Honestly a super model. Mercy obviously gotten her looks from her mother.  Jack then whispers in her ear and she nods, grabs the napkins then waves goodbye.
"Are you okay man?" Ben asks,  Cesar eyes snap to him, he couldn't respond all he did was nod his head and watched his daughter coloring peacefully.

She then walks back and scoots back in the booth and helps her daughter wipe her face.

"Thanks mommy."

Cesar had some competition.