22// The Gender Reveal

"So I see that you're expecting." Her mom gestured to her stomach. Venus almost forgot that her belly has been growing.

"Oh yeah, I'm 15 weeks along. " She says as she holds her bump.

"Is it Cesa-,"

"Cesar, yes. Mom, Joe, I know you guys both disapprove of Cesar, but he's an amazing father regardless of our bumps in the road." No matter what she and Cesar are going, through-she still feels like she has to defend him.

"Listen, your sister says he's been amazing to our granddaughter, and you seem to be handling life well without us. You clearly know what you are doing. We would love to meet him." Joe chimes in as her mom nod her head.

"Cesar and I kinda broke up yesterday." She whispered. She walks over and gives her daughter something to drink after wiping her face.

"What do you mean kinda, what happened." She debated telling her mom what happened. After sending her daughter on her way, she broke down and told them what happened.

"Honey, divorce is tough, and there are things that happened during the marriage that you don't know of. Maybe it's some things he found out that he can't go running to the papers and sign them." Her mom explained, and Venus agreed with her. "Next time when things get frustrating, don't go running off; talk it out. You aren't going to get anywhere if you don't first." So her mom says before she and Joe starts going out and the back and play with Mercy. That gave Venus the courage to text him.

***

5,4,3,2,1,

*POP*

AHHHHHHHHHH

Everyone cheered, screamed, and hugged Cesar and Venus.

They are having a beautiful baby boy.

After everything went down, Venus texted him where they hashed it out, and he came over to her parent's home, where she met her stepfather and mother. They fell in love with him instantly. That made Venus rolled her eyes because everyone loved Cesar; he was naturally charming. They insisted they stay at their house a little while longer, and during that time, they got to spend more time with their granddaughter, Venus, and Cesar, which also gave them the idea to host a tiny gender reveal at their house.

"Ohhhh, I can't wait to hold my godson," Becca said as she rubbed Venus' belly. Becca called Venus a few days ago and apologized for their fight, and she ended up spending the night before the gender reveal to help set up.

"Congratulations, V," Ben says as he brought her in a hug. "I love you. So proud of you. Hey, congrats, man." Ben let go of Venus and hugged Cesar.

"Come here, baby." He pulled Venus in and gave her a huge hug.

"Thank you for this family, thank you for giving a second and third chance. I love you." He pulled her back and held her face in both of the palms of his hands and give her a peck on her lips.

"I love you too."

"I will fight for you day by day and our kids. I will be your partner and your best friend. I thank you, and the universe, for bringing me a soulmate. My beautiful queen, will you marry me?" Cesar gets down on one knee and pulls out a velvet black box. She looks around and sees everyone recording. She begins to cry. Holding covering her mouth with her hand. It really hit her what Cesar was doing. He opens the box, and she sees a modern white crushed ice hybrid oval cut moissanite in a two-tone 14k white and rose gold setting.

"Yes," She grabs his hand and pulls him up to kiss him. He slips the ring on her finger, and she holds her hands out to admire her ring. Mercy runs to hug her and her dad.

"I propose to mommy. We are going to be married." He picks up Mercy to kiss her. mercy eyes lit up as she claps her hands.

"I love you, Mercy."

"I love you too, daddy."

(A/N SEE YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!)