Prologue

There she was, the love of my life and also the death of me. Sitting in my restaurant across some asshole who looks like could be her brother but I know everything about her. Her step sister that works in Google in California and that's it, so this man must be her boyfriend.

Her hair is still that blonde color but lighter. When we we first got together it was light brown, like sandy but then she dyed it. I bet her eyes are still the hazel-green color. I'm craving to see it. They both glance down and smile at the child that is next to her. My face heats and I rage with fury. She had a child on me? Of course she did, it's been four years since we last talked. Since I broken her heart.
I can't do this. I can't get riled up right now. Not the opening of my huge restaurant. I came too far to just be sucked back in.
"Jack." I call my head chef over. He's young but he's one of the best. "Table four, serve them the best of the best. On the house. And go introduce yourself." He then looks over from the kitchen to the dining hall to see what I'm talking about then he froze.

"Um sir. Can't I just ask Emily?" Why is he nervous? His face heats up quickly.
"Because I asked you. Is there a problem?" I assertively say. "No sir." He quickly and walks over to the table. My Vee jumps over and if she was drinking water, she would have had a spit take.

They know each other, and I will be finding out why.