5// The Stand Up

"You have the voice mail box of-"

Motherfucker. I knew he would eventually stand up my daughter. Venus thought to herself. She is currently in the in the living room waiting for Cesar to pick them up to so he can take them out like he always do. But he's an hour late and it's breaking her heart seeing her babygirl exciting to show her, her dolls. "Did he send you to voice mail again?" Ben asked as he observed his bestfriend.

Venus pushed her hair out of her face and rubbed it frustratedly. How am I going to tell Mercy?
"Yup. But are we surprised?" She turned to her daughter and summoned her closer. "So we won't be hanging out with Daddy  today sweetheart."
Her face drops in to disappointment. It broke Venus heart. "What? Why?"
"He's busy but I'm sure he whatever he doing was really important." It better be.
"Okay, mommy." She says quietly.
"How about I take you to the movies." Ben says as her eyes brighten and nods. "Okay go get your coat. She then runs up to her room. "Thank you. I'm glad she has a supportive male figure in her life."
"You know I love Mercy like my own." He smiles and pats her back.
***
Day two and he stood his daughter up again. Venus had it. Grabbing her phone off the counter she dialed the number to his office and that front desk bitch answered the phone. "
"CESAR ENTERPRISE Melanie speaking. How can I help you?"
"Hi Melanie is Mr. James in?"
"Uh Yes, who's speaking?"
"Um V- you know what it doesn't matter." *BEEP*
Perhaps it's best if I show up and give him a piece of my fucking mind.
***
"Hi Melanie, James is in correct?" Vee walks inside CESAR ENTERPRISE already knowing the answer to her own question.
"Yes, you can go right in." Of course she can.

Cesar told the building that Venus Lefevere is allowed to go through without any problems.
What she didn't expect is to see Cesar disheveled and his office space look like a tornado went through it. He didn't notice her coming in he was talking to someone familiar.
Oh shit
She thought.
"Cesar. Have you been avoiding my calls?" She shouted causing him and Johnathan jump a bit. "Fuck" he said under his breath.
"Wow if it isn't the Venus fly trap. How's it going?" Johnathan extended his arms and gave the irritable woman a hug. "I'm doing great. Thanks, you?"
He pulled back and got a good look at her hazel eyes. "I'm doing well. You look- wow. You look so grown up!" He says in shocked. Today wasn't her best day but these two guys in the room can't tell. She had her hair pulled up into a bun and was bare face but it still gave away that she was doing well for herself. She currently had a Calvin Klein white turtle neck simple light blue jeans and 1000$ pumps on. This was her "off day look" to top if off she had on her white Birkin bag.
"Cesar, you have been ignoring my calls! We had plans!" She raised her arm up in distress.
"I'm sorry I've been stuck at the office." He said as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "I don't care! You at least have the decency to pick up for your daughter. But I'm guessing work is more important. Right? Work before your own kid?-"

"That's my cue to leave." Johnathan says and widen his eyes behind Venus and gave Cesar a look as in you better tell me everything "Well I guess this isn't really goodbye Venus." And he darted out the door.
"As you can see Vee. I've been sleeping in my office." He stood and gestured to the closed all over the floor and opened take-home containers from restaurants.
"What? Why? What's going on?" She walked around and rubbed his back. He really was having a shit day, hell week. He need her comfort. "My wife and I had a big argument."
"Oh." Is all she could say. She honestly forgot about the wicked witch of a west for a wife he had. "I told her about our daughter and she flipped so bad. I couldn't get a Hotel because the press would find out, so I've been camped out here which fucking sucks. I need a bath. Sinks are no good.
"I thought you two would've been divorce by now. And just because you are having a rough week well boo hoo. You have a child who calls you dad now. So just because life gets hard, screw everyone else right? Even if it's your child? Because she's at an age where she remembers now Cesar." She steps back and folds her arms. She was done with his moping. "Life doesn't stop when you are parent Cesar."

She was right, she's always fucking right.
"You're right. I'm sorry. Please, give me another chance. I'm learning on what a father should do. I thought since it would be best if I stayed away until I get my shit together."
"The number rule of being parent is put your child first before yourself."

She walks over and found a bag and started gathering his clothes. "What are you doing?" He asks.
"Can't let you stay here. You're a mess. You can live with us. Our brownstone has five bedrooms and we only use three. And I'll be washing these for you. Clean up this mess. These open containers aren't good for business and you better not bring that to my house." She then turned her back and headed for the door. "See you after work!" She yelled, and all Cesar could think is wow this woman is amazing.