Mom?

Gavin flew towards the Evidence room and walked inside. Conan was standing off to the side, his led spinning yellow. "There you are...Conan?"

The faunus flicked him, hissing in regret. "Ow...man even flicking you hurts. Hey tin can? Conan?" He tilts his head and sighs.

"Nines. Oi. Dipsh*t, wake upppp." He mumbled out a please somewhere, but it was barely audible.

About 30 seconds later, Nines blinked out of stasis, his led flickered red for a second but turned to blue. He looked down to see a cat glaring daggers at him. He blinked twice, it blinked back. It stuck his tounge out before jumping onto Nines's shoulder and sitting there.

"Uh...what?" The cat eyerolled and nuzzled his head against Nines cheek, purring slightly. "Ok ok...aren't you supposed to be working right now?"

The cat gave him a glare before hopping off Nines's shoulder and reforming into Gavin. "Yeah but I didn't know where you were...along with that, my parents are being questioned today, and you know how she gets." He walked over and burried his head into Nines's chest.

Nines wrapped his arms around the shorter man, humming sadly. "You...don't have to interrogate them right?" Gavin shook his head but didn't say anything else.

After a few minutes, the faunus sighed and grabbed Conan's hand, placing it on the table. The wall opened up to everything on the case, which they were taken off of for obvious reasons, and Gavin walked over to it. He grabbed a box, and a stuffed animal then left leaving a confused rk900 behind.

Conan removed his hand and the wall went back to it's normal state. He followed the man, after a few seconds of hesitation, up to the roof. Gavin sat down and took the things out of the box. He set up a small area of toys, pictures, games, a blanket, a small locked box, and two DS's that somehow still worked and still had power.

"Gavin why did you...oh...?" Gavin waved for the droid to walk over to him. He picked up the smaller box and opened it with a key. When he did a soft melody played. Gavin listened to the melody while going through the pictures. One of his family all together and happy, Gavin and Elijah eating icecream, celebrating their birthdays, Elijah winning the state fair, Gavin getting a dog, Elijah getting a cat, a sleepover, there were so many different pictures.

He stopped and grabbed one. Holding it dearly as he showed Conan. "Mom.... and me....." The young woman was kissing the newborn's head while cradling it. There was a tinge of sadness, regret, and happiness in her eyes. "She...died soon after that...her heart just slowed and stopped. I wish I actually got to meet her though."

He picked up the box and rewinded it. "I miss her...Elijah said she was a great person, always kind and master of cookies." Gavin smiled a bit before setting the box back down. They stayed there, until Conan said something about another case, apparently a robbery.

The faunus groaned, "Fine fine...let's go..." "What about-"

"Eli'll take care of it. He comes when you call him, that or he hears the music box." Gavin dragged Conan towards the stairs, walking down them, without a care.

Two golden wings flapped and landed onto the roof. "Well Gav...you're not wrong..."