Vol.3 part, 10: Don't say goodbye...

Comincia dall'inizio

Was all I could manage, as a blinding flash of light engulfs me and my surroundings.

Small timeskip, a few minutes later.

Walking over a huge pile of dissolving Grimm bodies, Qrow stops in front of (Y/n)'s corpse his body had been drained dry of all his blood which made him look visibly thinner, sighing while reaching in his pocket grabbing his flask and takes a long drink from it while staring down at (Y/n)'s body, then around at the carnage (Y/n) had inflicted during his final hours.

Qrow:*Sighs* "You sure went all out (Y/n)... *Looking back to (Y/n)* I guess 'ol Ozpin might've been onto something when he picked you. Rest easy kid."

Paying his respects as Qrow turns to leave, he could hear incoherent mumbling coming from behind him before a hand grabs his wrist, turning around Qrow sees (Y/n) spring to life with a deep inhalation of air.

(Y/n):*Gasping* "That you... Qrow?"

Another timeskip, Ruby's room in Patch.

Stirring awake as an incessant ringing fills her head, Ruby wakes up covered by a blanket while lying in a bed as she groans it wakes her father sitting in a chair.

Taiyang: "Ruby! You're awake!"

He says with relief filling his voice, as he rushes and kneels next to Ruby's bedside, groaning again while rubbing the side of her head.

Ruby: "What happened?"

Taiyang:*Sigh* "Your uncle Qrow found you, unconscious. He got you out of there though; you home safe."

He explains as Ruby takes a moment to remember Yang's condition Hibbing her father a worried look.

Ruby: "Wait! Is Yang okay? Where is she?"

Taiyang: "Uhh... She's uh... She's gonna be alright. I think she's just... I think it's just gonna take some time for her to get used to things. She's too strong to let this stop her."

Ruby looks down with a saddened expression as Taiyang sniffles and rubs his eyes.

Taiyang: "I'm just glad to have my girls back at home."

Ruby: "What happened to the school! And Vale! Were they able to clear out the Grimm?"

Taiyang: "Things at Vale are under control. But the school? It's... It's not that simple. That thing, whatever it is... Doesn't seem to be dead. Don't get me wrong, you did a number on it. But... It's not disappearing. It's... kind of... frozen. I know that doesn't sound to bad but it keeps attracting more Grimm to the school."

Ruby: "...I did what?"

Taiyang: "Hmm?"

Ruby: "You said did a number on it. What do you mean?"

She asks unsure of what her father meant.

Taiyang: "I... Look, that's not important right now, we can talk about it later. Things are just... kind of a mess."

Qrow: "It's always a mess."

Qrow says appearing in front of the door drinking the rest of his flask shaking the last few drops from it.

Qrow: "Mind if we have a minute?"

Taiyang: "What, I can't stay here?"

Qrow: "Tai. Please."

Reluctantly sighing, Taiyang stand and kisses Ruby on her head.

Taiyang: "I'm glad, you're alright. I'll go make us some tea."