SC #2 | Under the Bright Stars

special chapter pt

special chapter pt. 2
~ yeji's pov ~

Yeonjun and I were silently walking towards the grass field near the reception. Yes, he left, but I knew he was still protecting me silently.

He was just holding my hands as we walk, and I was watching him from the back. How I missed this angel boy.

He stopped and I did too. He turned around to face me, and he smiled. I did too. We were silent for a few seconds, and we started to laugh because of the awkward atmosphere.

I looked up at the sky, and it was full of stars shining brightly. I glanced at Yeonjun, and he was gazing at the stars too.

I cleared my throat, and I caught his attention. "Uhm..." I spoke to clear the awkward silence.

"How's life?" I asked, and I smacked my head for asking such a question. He chuckled and answered my question.

"There's nothing much going on actually. Have been protecting you of course," He said, and pointed me.

"Right," I said. "Right..."

"Yeonjun?"
"Yeji?" We said at the same time, and both of us laughed. "I'm sorry..." He spoke first.

"For what?" I asked him.

"For leaving you... again. I just don't want to get you into trouble again. I hope you understand," He said while gazing straight into my eyes, showing his sincerity.

"I've forgiven you already, and yes I understand," I said.

He pulled a handkerchief out of his pocket and placed it on the grass. "Sit," He said and tapped the seat three times.

"Am I a dog?" I asked him, and he chuckled. "You're still the same... I'm glad," he said.

"Yeah nothing changed... even my love for you," I said, and looked down. My heartfelt a bit better after saying those words. I always wanted to tell him this again. That my love will never change, but sadly we aren't allowed to be together.

"Same for me," He said, and it instantly made me look up at him.

"But we both know we shouldn't feel this way," I said and gazed up at the stars once again.

"I've always wondered." He spoke.

"What if I wasn't an angel. Are we still going to find each other? Will I still meet you?" He asked while still looking up at the stars.

"Are we going to be meant for each other?" Both of us asked at the same time. I sighed. These questions will remain unanswered because it'll always be impossible for an angel to become a human.

"I'm leaving again. You can't see me from now on, but don't forget that I will always protect you," he said, and caressed my face. Of course, what did I expect? He'll still leave in the end.

"Just promise me one thing Yeji," He said.

"Be a good mother and wife alright?" He said.

"I'm not pregnant Yeonjun," I said and chuckled. He looked at me, then to my tummy, then to my face again, and gave me the most genuine smile.

"Take the test," He said, and smiled.

"I'll leave now," He said.

He kissed me on the forehead, and a blinding light appeared in front of me. I felt that his face was beside mine. Then, he whispered.

"I love you..."

THE END.