Fourteen | Found Out

chapter fourteen~ yeonjun ~

chapter fourteen
~ yeonjun ~

"Yeonjun!" I heard Archangel Taehyung's voice calling me from afar. I immediately ran away from him. Goodness, not today. I can't face him and lie about my relationship with Yeji.

"Ah!" I screamed as he pulled me hard towards him. He was holding me in my collar, and I shut my eyes closed.

"Where have you been Choi Yeonjun?!" He shouted. I immediately realized that he turned me into my angel form. The reason why no one can hear us right now, besides the people who can see and hear us.

"Y-Yeji. Guarding her," I said. I didn't lie. I told him the truth, but only half of it. Even though I'm not human anymore, a certain nervous feeling is still with me. I can still feel it.

"Guarding her? Or flirting with her?" He asked. I shut my eyes not wanting to answer my senior's question. I'm near to tearing up. I sensed that he's heartbroken about me going behind his back, and not telling him the truth.

He slowly loosens his grip on my collar, and he bent down to his knees. He chuckled and ruffled his hair.

"I should've known," He said. I was confused, but I didn't want to ask him. I was silent and ashamed to speak to him again.

"Why would you do that Yeonjun?" He asked.

"Because I was afraid to lie to you—" Then he cut me off.

"No. Not that." He said and stood up to look at me straight to my eyes. His eyes were weak. It seems like he's been defeated.

"Fall in love?" He asked me once again.

"Why would you fall in love? How dare you fall in love for a mere mortal?" He asked and scoffed.

"She's not just a mere mortal. She's my—"

"Everything? The love of your life? The one that you'd want to spend your life with? Well, wake up Yeonjun. That will not happen," He said, and I sighed. Whether I hide it or deny it, it is the truth. I can't be with Yeji.

"I shouldn't have given you this mission. I should've known better," He said. Why is he blaming himself so much?

"I should've protected you from her," He said.

"Why would you?" I asked.

"Because I know how much it'll hurt you. Because I've been there," He said and shut his eyes closed. He then made a hand gesture, which made me see another flashback memory of his.

*flashback*

"I love you, Jennie," Taehyung said.

"B-But you're an angel. You're not allowed to love a mortal like me," She said. Taehyung smiled and held both of Jennie's hands.

"What can I do? I'm in love with you," Taehyung said, and Jennie was frozen in her place. She didn't know what to answer to the angel in front of her.

Then Taehyung pulled her and gave her a sweet kiss.

The scene then changed, and it all felt dark and scary.

"AHHHHHH!" Taehyung screamed, as his wings were forced to open up. His wings weren't shining bright anymore, it was dull. Jennie was there. Looking at her lover's pain and suffering. Her tears were continuously rolling down her cheeks.

"Taehyung!" She screamed as she saw Taehyung's glow slowly turning into dark red. His wings were slowly turning black.

"I'll leave you," Jennie said. Taehyung looked at him with hurt and weak eyes.

"No!" Taehyung screamed.

"I-I have to!" Jennie screamed and started to run away from her once guardian angel.

And suddenly everything dark faded. His transformation stopped. His glow came back, but he was still sad. He went towards Jennie, but she couldn't see him anymore. Jennie looked sad while walking, and after a while, she fainted, but the angel couldn't do a thing, for she couldn't see him anymore, and he couldn't touch her anymore.

*end of flashback*

I felt pain in my chest. Archangel Taehyung almost turned into a fallen angel like Hyunjin. He looked at me, now with cold eyes.

"You see what love can do to someone like you?" He asked me, and he walked towards me. He tapped my back, and I was still frozen in my thoughts.

"What happened to her after she regained her consciousness?" I asked.

"She's... forgotten me," He said, and my eyes widened. So if that will happen to me. Yeji will no longer remember me. Our sweet precious memories would be gone forever in her mind.

"You only have a few more weeks Yeonjun. Do your mission like your original plan, and leave Yeji. Understood?" He asked. Before I could answer, he already snapped his fingers, and I was once again back to Yeji's unit.

Yeji was there, and she looking at me worriedly. "What happened?" She asked me.

I couldn't answer, so I ran away from her. I needed to think everything through. What should I do?