Nine | Truth

C H A P T E R  N I N E~ yeji's pov ~

~ yeji's pov ~

It's been weeks since that incident with Hyunjin. I haven't seen him since that day, and I'm glad that he didn't want to show up once again.

Meanwhile, Yeonjun has been very protective of me. Like very protective. He's been with me 24/7. Which I find very I don't know, suffocating? Just imagine, someone is always watching your every move, and you have to do the things that you're only told to do. I'm not really happy with what he's doing.

"Yeji. Don't come near the yellow line," Yeonjun said. We're currently waiting for the subway train, and just now he told me that. Dude, I'm not a child for him to say that, I've known that for years.

When the train came, I immediately went in, and he also did. The only difference we have right now is that I paid for this ride and he didn't. He wasn't in his human form, that's why.

"Hold on tight on the handgrips alright?" He said.

"Dude I'm not a child," I said, and everyone on the train stared at me like I'm some sort of a weirdo kid.

"I'm wearing Airpods can't y'all see?" I pointed to the AirPods plugged into my ears and rolled my eyes at them.

"You could've at least been kind to them while telling that," He said. It just made me roll my eyes once again.

After a few minutes, the train stopped and I tripped on the man's foot in front of me. I closed my eyes waiting for myself to fall, but I didn't. Did Yeonjun save me? Did he? But the people will see him. Oh, I just hope it's not him. I hope it's a stranger.

"Open your eyes baby girl," A familiar voice said. I slowly opened my eyes, and there he was.

Hyunjin. Smiling at me.

I immediately stood up and saw that almost every single high school student was staring at us. Most of them are glaring at me.

"Baby girl? Shut the fuck up," I said, and I covered my mouth. I cursed again. Why do I even care? Just because Yeonjun told me not to?

"Yeah, why do you even care?" Hyunjin said, and I looked at him confused.

Can you read my mind? I asked him through my thoughts. Testing him if he really can.

"Yes, when I want to," He said, and I held on the handgrips.

"I'm sorry everyone but the train stopped, please wait for thirty minutes and it'll be fixed." Everyone in the room started whining, and so did I.

"Did you do this?" Yeonjun asked Hyunjin.

Hyunjin just smiled at me and looked at Yeonjun with an eyebrow raised.

"What if I did?" Hyunjin said, and a smirk appeared on his face. He is evil.

Dude you're going to make me late because of this. I told Hyunjin.

"Yeonjun. Looks like you're senior is calling you. You should go," Hyunjin said. Yeonjun rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Don't give a single piece of information to him. Okay?" Yeonjun said and disappeared.

"You don't even have to give me those. I already know some," Hyunjin bragged.

The train suddenly started to shake a bit, and I lost grip. Hyunjin held me in my arms, and I just glared at him.

Can you remove those filthy hands off me? I told him.

"If I remove these, I guarantee that you'll fall on the ground," He said.

I didn't want that, so I just let him do that thing. Then, the lights of the train started to flicker. Goodness, I'm getting scared. I don't want to die.

"You'll go straight to heaven when you die," He said.

How sure are you? I thought you knew information about me. Why do you think that I'd go straight to heaven if that happens?

"Being mean doesn't make you a bad person. I guess," He said.

I chuckled. You guess? Well then, I guess you're stupid.

"Dude. When I was in my human form I helped a person get an A. Don't underestimate me," He said and crossed my arms.

Can I ask you?

He looked at me and nodded.

Is it true that because you committed the 7 deadly sins, you became a fallen angel?

He then started to laugh hysterically. This is so weird. Talking to him through my thoughts.

"Is that what that stupid angel told you?" He asked.

He's not stupid. Unlike you. But yes.

"He really believed in his senior huh. Stupid angel," He said while shaking his head sideways.

"I became fallen because of one thing only..."

He looked at me with the weakest eyes. His strong intimidating look was now long gone. He looked like he wasn't an evil guy.

What? I asked him.

"I fell in love," he said.

Wait—what? Is that a sin? Falling in love? Are you serious?

"Well... dear Yeji. Us angels aren't allowed to love. We are only obligated to do our mission and love only Him above. We are only made to do that. It sucks. I wasn't as obedient as that stupid angel, Yeonjun. So, I loved that girl. Her name? It was Jisu. She was very—"

Cut the crappy sweet description about your lover. I told him.

"I stopped going back to my senior angel. I stopped doing my mission. After a few months of spending time with her. Both of us were pulled to a field. I was forced to change back to my angel form. She saw me, but she still accepted me for who I am.

That's when he snapped his fingers, and read the scroll. He disowned me because of loving someone. My wings slowly became black. The bright glow surrounding me vanished, and she saw that. He also removed her memory in front of me. After that, she ran away.

She forgot about the times we spent together, and as punishment. I was stuck in this world. Worse than hell."

But why are you evil? You told me you were a devil in disguise?

"Well, I am. I was pulled by the devil to the underworld. It's hella hot in there. He put an influence on me. That's why I'm like this, so don't expect me to be kind, qsexy ass," He told me and licked his lips.

Disgusting. I actually felt bad for you. I'm disgusted. He chuckled.

But Yeonjun told me he killed someone. A girl. Could that be Jisu? Did he kill Jisu after the influence was cast on him? He said he was also full of greed and all the shit about 7 deadly sins. Did he lie?

"He didn't it was the truth. But the I killed the girl shit? Trash that. I'd never kill a girl. A guy, sure thing done that, but I only kill bad guys and make them suffer in the Underworld." I totally forgot that he can read my mind.

So an angel can't fall in love huh? I mean, it's not like Yeonjun would actually do the same with Hyunjin. He will never fall for someone. He's that committed to his job as an angel.

I think.