Twelve | Rule

C H A P T E R 1 2~yeonjun's pov~

C H A P T E R 1 2
~yeonjun's pov~

"Goodmorning love." I woke up at the sound of Yeji's sweet voice. Wow. I woke up later than her.

I opened my eyes and covered the sunlight shining on me, and that revealed Yeji's soft beautiful face. It already made me smile. Being like this with her makes me feel more human. I wish we could stay like this. If we only could.

"How's your sleep?" She asked. I chuckled and pulled her towards me.

"Better when I'm beside you," I told her. She buried her head on my neck, and I felt her breathing. I brushed her hair slowly and closed my eyes.

A side of me is telling me that this isn't right. This isn't what I'm supposed to do. This isn't a part of my mission. I am not supposed to be the one who will give her love. I am the only one who would bring her that. Help her find her soulmate, but here I am. Shattering all my plans, and loving her with all my heart.

It's winter season, and I only have a few months left to finish this mission. When the first bloom of Spring comes, I'll be gone. I will end up failing, then I won't become a certified angel, and have a new mission, but if I do. I'll know what kind of angel I am, which is my dream. But that is slowly changing. I mean, it's still my dream, but I also want to be with Yeji for a lifetime. This is hard.

"Let's stay like this for a while," I told Yeji. She sat up on the bed and pouted at me.

"Don't do that. I have school today. It's the last day of school before Christmas break," she said and headed towards the bathroom. She's getting more and more responsible with her time, and herself.

I smirked and went to the kitchen to cook her breakfast. She might burn herself again. Thank goodness Archangel Taehyung taught me how to do these kinds of stuff, or else Yeji would die in hunger, or would always eat unhealthy food. I won't let that happen.

After a few minutes of staying in the kitchen, I felt a presence behind me. I thought it was Yeji, so I turned around with a bright smile on my face, but it was only Hyunjin, and my smile faded.

"Why did that smile fade. You hate me that much Jun?" He said and sat on the kitchen counter. What a bummer. He's here. Now, I can't have a solo time with Yeji. Not even a solo breakfast time with her. Without Hyunjin.

"Yah Yeonjun! What are you saying that it's a bummer," He complained, and I just rolled my eyes at him. What a mind reader. Go away Hyunjin, no one needs you here.

"You angel! You're hurting my handsome feelings!" He said.

"Now your feelings are also handsome?" I asked him.

"Oh, now you're saying that I really am handsome. Oh gosh, Yeonjun it's no big deal," He said with a smirk on his face. What an arrogant being.

"Can I ask you something Yeonjun?" He asked.

"No."

"Come on just one," He insisted.

"No."

"I will not stop talking if you keep saying no," He said.

"For goodness— okay go," I said, and continued cooking Yeji's food.

"Do you like Yeji?" He asked, and I froze.

"No, no trash that. Do you love her?" I felt what they call heartbeat raising. Goodness, why am I so nervous? It's just Hyunjin. I can just lie to him—wait. What was I thinking? I can't lie! Never. Not even to Hyunjin.

"It's... complicated," I said.

"There's no such thing as complicated Yeonjun. You do love her" He said, and now he's told me these words like he was very serious about it. Which I found very odd. He's not like that at all. He just likes to kid around, smiles even though he's a fallen angel.

"What if I do? What can you do?" I asked him and scoffed. Does he have a problem with it?

"I can't do a thing, but He can," he said, and started to help me with the cooking.

"There are rules in being an angel Yeonjun. I know you know that," he said. Of course, I do.

"But I think there's one rule that you don't know," he said. I looked at him, curious about the rule that he's about to tell me.

"Rule of Angel's Love. You can never love someone other than Him above," he said.

"And I know how much you know that one rule can actually make you a fallen angel." Now I'm confused.

"Wait. But I thought the seven deadly—"
"You actually believed that trash," he said. Oh, now I'm messed up.

"Know your priorities Yeonjun," he told me. He turned his face to me, and looked at me.

"Or you might actually become like me, and regret it," he said, and continued to help me cook.

Goodness. So all of my beliefs about becoming a fallen angel were wrong. I can't believe this. What if I really will become a fallen angel if I continue expressing my love for Yeji. That would seriously hurt me. But. Not showing my love for Yeji, and telling her I don't love her anymore would also hurt her. It could also crush her. I can't do that. She already had a painful memory before. I can't bring her anymore.

Oh goodness, I'm so messed up. What should I do...