Thirteen | Attempt

C H A P T E R 1 3~ yeji's pov ~

C H A P T E R 1 3
~ yeji's pov ~

It has been honestly hard for me. Yes, I do love Yeonjun. No words can explain how much I do, but thinking about crashing his dreams of being an angel bothers me. I don't want him to become a fallen angel like Hyunjin. I'd never wish for that to happen, but seeing him like this. I know that it's not impossible to happen.

Christmas is coming up, and yes we've been like this for quite an while now. He's also been ignoring his Archangel's calls because he doesn't want to lie to his senior. He wants his senior to know the whole truth, but not now. He said maybe soon. When he's ready to tell him. Yeonjun is also hoping and praying that his senior will accept our relationship, despite the differences of our worlds.

I saw on the news that today's going to be the first fall of snow. I highly doubt that Yeonjun has been outside during the snow and enjoyed it. He hates the cold wind and just cold stuff. But now it's my mission to bring him outside and watch the first fall of snow. Everything was going according to my plan, not until Hyunjin came. Why does he have to show up at the wrong time?

"You hate me that much don't you?" He asked me. I just smirked and continued to answer my homework. I have a shit load of it today, and it's not making me happy.

"I know this has been hard for you," He spoke. I froze for a bit, but I just thought that maybe he's reading my mind again, that's why he knows.

"No, I'm not reading your little mind," The little was quite offending, but like what I said it's normal for him to speak that way now.

"Then how do you know what I feel right now?" I asked him, with an eyebrow raised.

"Because that's what she felt," He said. Now I feel bad.

"Why can't you let him go?" He asked me. Why? Why can't I do that? It's so freaking easy for me, but it's Yeonjun. My love for Yeonjun is unexplainable than it seems. It's just too special.

"Do you know that he only has a few months with you?" He said. What the?

"When Spring season ends, he's going to leave you. If he fails his mission to find you a true love because he loves you, he'll officially become a fallen angel." fallen angel... fallen angel...

Those words kept echoing inside my head. I don't want him to be like that. It'll hurt me so much if that would happen.

"Can I ask you what h-happened to the girl you loved?" I asked Hyunjin hesitantly. He cleared his throat and faced me.

"These words would hurt, but... she's forgotten about me," He said.

"So... if he becomes a fallen angel. The exact same thing would happen to me?" I asked him.

He nodded, and I felt my heart hurt so much with what he just said. That's the last thing I'd wish for. To forget him. To lose all of my memories with him. All those precious times would go away. Those were the times that made me lose all the troubles I had.

"He's succeeded one task, he only needs to finish one. The hardest shit he'll give you," He said, and rested his arm on my shoulder. He looked at me, and I was a bit weirded out by his actions.

"Love."
"But he's been giving me-"
"From a human," He said. Oh fuck.

"You can seriously just date someone around here so that you can save him from becoming like me," He suggested. I'm not really interested in boys. I'm only interested in Yeonjun. That makes him so unique. He's the only guy that's my type. Too bad he's an angel.

"You choose Yeji. Save Yeonjun or not. It's up to you," He said, and finally disappeared. He left me there dumbfounded. Still don't know what to do with all of these problems. My competition's coming up, and it's making my headache even more.

After a few minutes of practicing, Yeonjun finally showed up. He hugged me from the back, and I didn't know what I should act. Should I be happy he's here with me? Or not because I'll make his life miserable as hell (literally).

"You look, problematic, love. What's wrong?" He asked me. He even calls me love. Even though he's not allowed to love me. What a rule breaker. My tears started to build up, and I saw him starting to worry. He walked towards me and attempted to hug me for comfort, but I immediately pushed him away.

"I'm-I," I stuttered, but even though I'm like this. I really should tell him.

"What is it?" He asked me.

I gathered up all my courage and looked straight at him.

"I'm breaking up with you," I told him, and he looked confused. I knew he can see through me, and it's not good.

"Is this because you still worry about me becoming like Hyunjin?" He asked me.

"Fuck that. You have dreams Yeonjun! Prioritize that over me, stop forcing yourself to my world because you just don't fit in. You and I aren't supposed to be together! Don't you understand?" I asked him. There, at that moment, my tears started to roll down my cheeks.

He didn't react. He just stared at me. I was heartbroken by the words I just said. It was true, and I knew.

He walked towards me and pulled me into a hug. He burrows his face on my head and whispers. "I understand. I don't fit in. But I'll try. One last time. Just please don't do this. I'll find a way, and maybe, finally, we could be together for a lifetime."