Eight | Keeping You Close

C H A P T E R  E I G H T~ yeonjun's pov ~

~ yeonjun's pov ~

"Oh that is absolutely bad," Archangel Taehyung said.

I've been away for 6 days because I wanted to know more about a person's feelings, so I had to learn it from him, Taehyung. He said some of the people like Yeji who looks tough and all, are actually most likely to be the most sensitive ones. They do mean things to protect their selves. I thought it's ridiculous. Why would someone become cold to people just because they don't want to hurt their feelings.

Now, I told Taehyung about the sudden appearance of Hyunjin.

Hyunjin is the same as me. Well, before. After he committed so many sins, he was disowned by Him from above and went down to the underworld with Lucifer.

"Strange..." Taehyung said.

"Why?" I asked him.

"It's just like what happened," He said.

"Seventy years ago" He added, and he snapped his fingers. Leading us to memory.

"Hey," A guy as pale as snow said.

"Go away I don't want you here," The girl said.

She wasn't Yeji, and the guy wasn't Hyunjin as well.

"Hey, I just wanted to talk," the guy said, and held the girl's wrist.

"I told you no!" The girl shouted, and the guy pulled the girl's shirt and she and the guy were only now a few centimeters away.

The girl closed her eyes, and a bright light appeared behind the girl. My eyes widened with what I just saw.

It was Taehyung. It was Archangel Taehyung.

"You better stop what you're doing Yoongi," Taehyung said.

"Ah, so we met again, Taehyung," The guy said, and a smirk appeared on the guy's face.

Then, the memory disappeared like a cloud of smoke, and I looked at Archangel Taehyung, confused.

"It's like the same scenario to what just happened yesterday," I said, and he nodded twice.

"I suggest you keep her close to you for now. Don't ever leave her side because that devil might reach her now and then" He said, and I nodded.

I immediately went back to Yeji's unit, and I saw her sleeping peacefully on her couch. I saw books about Angels and Underworld scattered on the floor beside the couch. Oh, so she's been researching about us.

I opened one of the scattered books, which was about angels and Heaven. I noticed she highlighted a sentence, so I read it.

Angels are undeniably good-looking beings.

I stopped myself from laughing and glanced at her who was sleeping. Her eyeglasses were still on her face. Her hair is all messy tied up in a bun. Even though she looked like a mess, she was still very beautiful.

Then, I felt my heart skipped a beat. What?

I shook my head trying to lose all of those thoughts in my head. I walked towards her and lifted her in my arms so that I could put her to bed, for her to sleep comfortably.

"Mom? Dad? Don't leave me..." she said in her sleep. Her eyebrows were furrowed, and she looked like she was very scared. She's having a bad dream.

I brushed her hair slowly and smiled at her.

"I'm here Yeji... don't be scared. I'm here," I said, and after that, her face became calmer than before.

I went back to the living room and saw that Hyunjin was there. He was also reading the books. He was also throwing the books everywhere.

"What are you doing here," I said. He looked at me, and he chuckled and threw me the book he was holding.

I, fortunately, caught it and opened it. He wrote something using a red pen. All capital letters.

YOU SUCK

I rolled my eyes because of his immaturity and placed the book properly on the living room table. I picked up every book from the floor, and Hyunjin was just looking at me. I mean what do I expect. He's heinous.

"You're not a maid why are you doing that?" He asked.

"Because I have a heart?" I told him, and he just mocked me.

"It's already been ten years, and I still can't put an influence on you. I mean, we're friends so why not come with me and be free from His orders?" He asked me.

"I don't want to burn in the Underworld, and I'm still free," I said and organized the books on the shelf.

"Coward. Wimp. That's you Yeonjun," He said. I rushed towards him and pulled him by his collar.

"That's what I'm talking about. You still have that side," He said and laughed.

"You only have a few more sins to commit, and you're going down with me my friend," He said and he snapped his fingers making him finally disappear from my sight.

No. I can't fall for his childish games, just to make me a fallen angel. Not ever. Not again.