Sixteen | Letting Go

chapter sixteen~ yeonjun's pov ~

chapter sixteen
~ yeonjun's pov ~

"What are you doing here?" She asked. I knew she was having a bad dream, and I knew it was about me. I saw the whole thing. I saw how scared she was. I saw what'll happen to me if I don't complete this mission of mine.

After seeing it all. I've finally found my answer, and I've decided which path that I will take. It's not going to be easy, but I know it would be better for Yeji and me to do this.

"Are you okay?" I asked her. She was still catching her breath when she asked me a question. She breathes in and out and nodded.

"Well I was just worried," I said. She furrowed her eyebrows while looking at me.

"What the heck are you saying?" She asked.

"I saw you having a nightmare—"
"No not that! You're acting as if you care again! Even though we both know that you aren't supposed to feel that way," she said.

"I am your angel, and I am capable of worrying about you," I said and sat properly on her bed.

"Oh yeah? It's not because you still have feelings?" She asked once again.

"It's also because of that—"
"See?! Stop! Remove it. Do anything you can to remove it, just please..." Her voice cracked. Her tears were starting to fall on her cheeks. She looked at me with worried eyes, her hands gripping the bedsheets. She was worried, and also angry at herself for me loving her...

"Please... stop loving me Yeonjun," She said, and I smiled. I caressed her face, and wiped her tears away. I kissed her on her forehead and rested my head on hers. "I will never stop doing that," I said. She scoffed. I knew she was about to hit me once more, but she was now feeling weak to do that.

"Look Yeji." I spoke, and she gave her attention to me.

"I'm leaving," I said. She got confused. "W-What?" She asked.

"I'm not leaving you. I will still be here with you," I said. She was still confused. I took the puppy who was sleeping on the floor and showed it to Yeji.

"Think of it as me," I said. "W-Wait. He's cute, but why are you leaving?" She asked.

"Well..."

"I'm letting you go," I said, and she was shocked. I smiled at her and handed her the puppy once again, and she accepted it. She was still shocked though.

"So you're going to leave huh?"

"Not really. I'm still going to guide you for the last days, but you won't see me anymore," I said, and she nodded twice. She looked down at the puppy I just gave her, and she smiled.

~ yeji's pov ~

Yeonjun was really leaving, but I had to accept that. It's not like he's allowed to stay here. But I have to admit I'm going to miss him, but just like him. I'm going to let him go, even though the thought of him leaving, hurts a lot.

I looked down at the puppy, and it was as white as snow. I smiled and hugged it. Yeonjun was still in front of me.

"When are you leaving?" I asked him.

"Today," He answered. I froze again in shock. Today... this is all happening so fast. I just chuckle and petted the dog in front of me.

"I'm going to name him Yeonji," I said. "Why Yeonji?" He asked me. Oh gosh, he's so clueless.

"Yeonjun, remove the Jun. And Yeji, remove the ye. Yeon plus Ji equals Yeonji," I said, and he nodded and smiled.

He looked away, and I stared at him. I called his name, and he looked at me once again. I looked at his eyes, and he was gazing at mine too.

I put the dog beside me, and I put myself near to Yeonjun. I was still looking at his eyes. "Am I allowed to do this?" I asked him.

"What's 'this'?" He asked. "This," I said, and gave a quick kiss on his lips. He was shocked with I just did, and I was embarrassed.

He smiled and nodded. "Yeah you're allowed to do that"

And just like that. For the last time. We kissed, and It was the saddest one, for it was the kiss of our goodbye.