R 04

You looked over at the scoreboard and grit your teeth. Wakutani had a four point lead and what's worse was that it was their set point already.

To say you were annoyed would be an understatement. Sure, things were harder without Daichi as the captain but that wasn't an excuse for you. You were done making excuses with your own plays.

"Tanaka-san!" You said, as the ball went over the net.

You would've received that ball but its path was obviously heading towards the second-year. Ryunosuke bent down a little to be able to receive the incoming ball. When it went up, Shouyou spiked the ball but ended up hitting the blocker's hand.

"Alright! One touch!" shouted someone from Wakutani.

Their #10 ended up receiving the ball that their setter tossed to their captain. The ball hit Asahi's fingers, making it rebound and hit the floor before Tobio could receive it.

"Shit," You said as the referee blew the whistle.

The second set was done which meant Karasuno would have to face another set with Wakutani.

You walked towards the benches and grabbed the water bottle that Kiyoko was handing. Once you were finished drinking, you bent your head down and closed your eyes— focusing on your breathing instead.

You suddenly remembered the emotion you felt when you had lost the first set against Aoba Johsai. The gap was bigger then but it didn't matter. You still felt like you could've done more.

Keishin looked over you as a thought passed by in his mind. Before, he had given you and the second-year libero the freedom to choose who gets to play because he knew that both of your skill sets— although may be different from each other— were both not something to joke around.

Still, he had an idea of how much you had went through for the past few months, especially when you started missing training because you had to prioritize other things. He knew that you had more in your mind than a regular athlete has. He was more than sure that you were capable but he also knew how distraught you were before when you ended up not reaching your own expectations for your performance.

He already had Chikara to worry over since he still had problems with successfully blending with the team. For now, he needed to make sure that the team was at their strongest.

"[Last Name], if you want, you can sit ou-"

"No," You said, cutting off the coach. "Sorry, but I want to continue playing for the rest of the match!"

Keishin smiled.

"Alright!" he said.

You nodded.

"Hey! Shin!" Yu shouted.

You giggled at how naturally your fake name came out from Yu even though he always used [Name] during training.

"What is it, Noya-senpai?" You asked.

"Don't tell me you're gonna sulk again over the balls you didn't save!"

"As if!" You said, scoffing jokingly. "Besides...."

You glanced at Chikara who noticed you looking at him.

"Regrets are meant for later. All we can do now is play our best, right?" You said, looking at Yu again.

Chikara smiled and nodded to himself.

Wakunan [06 - 06] Karasuno

Wakutani's #4 suddenly shifted his spike to something else right before hitting the ball.