P 10

You bent your back a little as you stretched your arms.

"What should I practice now?" You mumbled to yourself. "Receives or tosses?"

Another day had passed and it was the end of it already. For the past few days, you had alternated between practicing receiving the strong serves Asahi had been polishing or doing tosses like the one Yu was practicing.

"If I practice tosses, who am I gonna practice it with?"

'Shouyou? But, isn't he also practicing something else? Should I just ask Asahi-san to let me practice with him again? But, he's still practicing his jump serves too.'

"[Last Name]-kun!" Hitoka called, making you turn towards her.

"What is it?" You asked with a smile.

"Your phone was ringing," she informed.

"Really?" You said. "Thank you for telling me."

You jogged towards where you placed your personal phone and saw two missed calls from Maki. 

'Shit.'

You were about to call him again until your phone started ringing.

"Hello?" You said with the most upbeat tone.

"Shin. Mom wanted to check up on you," Maki said with a serious tone, completely contradicting yours.

"Ah? She does?" You asked.

"Call her," he said.

Before even the first training camp, you and Maki had set some secret sentences that you'd use while using your personal phones in case someone had unknowingly tapped into your phones. This was all for precaution.

The 'mom' meant Agent T and the 'call her' meant it was urgent.

"Okay," You said. "Bye bye."

You ended the call and grabbed your towel.

"I'm gonna stop early tonight. See you all later!" You exclaimed, waving the team goodbye.

"Okay!" Daichi said.

You walked towards the room you were all staying in. You had left your agency phone there along with some other things that you'd rather hide from everyone else.

"I wonder what it is," You mumbled to yourself as you slid the door open and walked towards your bag.

You crouched down and opened the bag before putting everything you were carrying inside it. You grabbed your agency phone and immediately rang T through the app the agency developed.

As soon as you heard the sound of someone picking up, you said, "606. BM10. 21."

Even though everything happening with that phone and the only one who has access to the app are the agents, it was required for the person trying to contact the agency to mention their code, their branch, and the first and last number of their mission file.

"Agent 606. Good, you're in line," T said.

"T, what's going on?" You asked.

Before she replied, you heard her sigh from the end of the line.

"Something urgent came up and you had to be notified immediately," T answered.

"Okay. Let me step out just to find a safer place," You told her, standing up.

"Is no one around?" T asked.

"Yes," You replied.

"Then it's safe enough. I need to inform you immediately about this."

You took a deep breath and ran your hand through your hair.

"Okay. What is it?" You asked.

"Similar signals were traced today and it's in Tokyo," T said.

"Tokyo?" You asked, a little surprised. "It's always been around Miyagi. How did it reach Tokyo?"

"It's where you are right now, correct?" 

"Yeah," You said, a little bothered she didn't answer your question. "For some away games arranged for the volleyball club." 

"I'll just say it straight up," T said. "After doing some tracing and identifying the details, it all pointed to Hinata Shouyou. From his phone, to be clear."

"How could that happen when Shouyou almost hasn't touched his phone because of all the matches?" You asked— your voice a little louder.

"A timed one, perhaps? We don't know yet."

"So he has the ability to time it but not cover it up? T that sounds ridiculous, you know that," You told her, a little angry at how she and the whole agency was acting.

"I know but we have no choice," T said. "He'll be considered the one we're looking for."

"T, no!" You shouted into the phone.

"Agent, I know you don't agree but-"

"You're right, T. I don't agree," You said, cutting her off. You glared at the floor as if it was the one you're talking to. "That' why I'm here in the first place. I'm the one sent to observe him. I should be the one who says whether or not he's guilty."

You placed your hand on your chest to emphasize how it was your call and not theirs.

"And I say he's not," You say.

"Agent...."

"Please. Trust me," You said with a softer voice this time. "I know him and I know for a fact it's not him we're looking for."

"Okay," T said. "I'll try to pass on that message to the higher-ups." 

You sighed in relief.

"But I need to tell you his, Agent, " T said. "You need to find the actual answer soon."

"I know," You told her. "Thanks T."

The moment your attention was away from the call, you heard a little movement beyond the door. You narrowed your eyes while looking at the sliding door. It was a little dark so you couldn't see if there was someone there. But you were sure you heard something.

You decided to pretend that you were still in call with T as you stepped towards your bag and crouched.

"Oh. By the way, I need you to sample something for me," You said as you placed your agency phone inside the bag.

You continued to talk. You grabbed the butterfly knife— or how it's originally called, the balisong— you hid in your bag and swiftly opened it.

"It's nothing. I'll get it to you by the end of the week." 

You stood up and headed towards the door, making sure you had light footsteps.

You grabbed the door by its handle.

"Sure. I'll update you on-"

And swung the door open, surprising who was behind it.

"Shi-"

You grabbed the person behind the door by his shirt and dragged him inside the room. Within a second, his back was pressed against the wall with a knife near his throat.

"Tell me. How much did you hear?"