E 10

"You sure you're okay?" Daichi asked.

For the past few days, you had focused on following around Orochi to catch him in the act. Sadly, you weren't able to produce any concrete evidence from all you did.

It was also your way of clearing your mind from everything else that you were thinking of. You were planning to continue with it but you couldn't keep pushing away training. You missed the team too much.

"Yes!" You said, grinning at them. "I'm in tiptop shape!"

"[Name]!" Yu said, placing an arm around you. "I almost thought you already left us."

"If I did, I'd at least say a goodbye, you know?" You said, frowning at him.

"We should at least do like a goodbye something when you finally do," Koushi said.

"I don't know about that," You said, thinking it was unnecessary.

"Oh come on," Ryunosuke said. "We're not gonna see you after that so we should at least throw a goodbye party."

"Let's just think about that when we're at that point," You said, smiling at them.

Everyone stopped talking and looked towards the club adviser who clapped his hands to gain everyone's attention.

"Alright, let's all get on the bus," Ittetsu said.

"Yeah! Saitama!" Shouyou exclaimed, jumping.

You chuckled as you followed the orange-haired boy to the bus. Once you were inside, you chose to sit on the back and watch as the rest of the team enter. When Kei entered, you immediately shifted your gaze to the window.

The blond, whose gaze gravitated towards yours when he entered, noticed you looking away but decided not to give it any thought. After taking a seat, he just put on his headphones and closed his eyes.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

For the practice match this time, the team went to Shinzen High again. Karasuno went against Nekoma— you played the first set— and lost to them with the final score 24 to 26.

That was the team's last match for the day and you decided to help Shouyou and Kenma with picking up the scattered balls around the gym. Shouyou, after picking up one, sneezed.

"The nights are cold, even in Tokyo," Shouyou said, his nose still scrunched up.

"That's because you didn't put on a jacket after sweating," Kenma said.

"Dummy," You said, looking at Shouyou. "Let me grab your jacket for you."

You smiled at the two before running towards the volleyball cart to quickly drop off the balls you picked up.

"I can't wait for the match!" You heard Shouyou exclaim.

You jogged to the room the Karasuno team will be staying in and looked for Shouyou's bag. While doing so, you heard the door slide open but didn't look at whoever entered the room.

"Hey."

Your eyes widened a little out of surprise as you recognized who that person was. Within seconds though, you were able to compose yourself and look at the person.

"Oh, hey," You said, glancing at the blonde before looking away and walking towards Shouyou's bag.

"Did I do something wrong?" Kei asked, taking steps towards you.

"What?" You asked, looking at the blond while grabbing the jacket on Shouyou's bag.

"You've been avoiding me," the blond said, pointing out how you were acting.

You scoffed.

"What?" You said, dragging out the second to the last letter. "That's crazy."

"You keep looking away whenever I do and you're not annoying me as much as usual," Kei said.

"I thought you'd like that," You said.

"Not when it gives me the impression that I did something bad."

"You didn't," You said, shaking your head. "I'm just really preoccupied at the moment."

"Is that why you weren't attending the practices for a while?"

"Yeah," You said, lying smoothly.

"Okay."

"Well, I'm going now," You said, walking away from the blond.

When you were finally far from the room, you sighed and shook your head before continuing your walk towards the gym. Once you got to the gym, you walked towards the orange-haired boy.

"Here you go, Shouyou," You said, handing him his jacket.

"Thanks, Shin!" he exclaimed, grabbing his jacket from your hand.

"Don't forget it next time, dummy," You said, chuckling. "We wouldn't want you getting sick now, would we?"

"Right," Shouyou said with a grin.

You ruffled the orange-haired boy's hair before looking at your phone and checking the time.

"I'm gonna step out for a while and check on my brother," You said.

"Okay!" Shouyou said.

You walked out of the gym and headed to the open field. You clicked on the contacts after unlocking your phone and rang Maki but all you got was an automated voice that told you he couldn't be reached.

You eyebrows furrowed before clicking the contact name 'Snowflake'.

"Hey Snowflake," You said once Seven picked up the phone. "I couldn't contact Maki."

"Um.... He....."

"What's wrong?" You asked, noticing the tone of his voice.

"He went out right after lunch and he hasn't come back yet," Seven said in a very fast manner.

"What?" 

"I can't contact him and I can't track him down. I don't know where he is," Seven continued, the panic in his tone more evident now.

"Did he say something before going?" You asked.

"He mentioned talking to Missy," Seven said.

"Missy?" You asked, before realizing who Missy was. "Geez."

You remembered how Seven loved calling Agent T Missy even during out of missions. It was just how he called her like how you called him Snowflake.

You ran your hand through your hair and sighed.

"That's just what he said?" You asked.

"Yeah. Nothing else," Seven said.

"Shit," You said, biting your lip out of frustration. "Have you contacted her?"

"He told me not to," Seven said. "She doesn't know I'm here, remember? No one does."

"Why didn't you contact me earlier?" You asked, your voice showing more of your frustration.

"I was busy looking for him, okay?"

"Okay, I.... I'm gonna go home now," You said, walking towards the building. "Wait for me."

"It's late. Also, you can't walk all the from there to here," Seven said, trying to calm you down through the phone. "I'll update you, okay? Just let me handle it here for now. Contact Missy."

You sighed before saying— with a defeated tone, "Okay."

You looked at the phone and watched Seven hang up before locking your phone and groaning out loud.

"Shit," You said. "What have you gotten yourself into, Maki?"