E 19

"It's gonna be hard if we use the elevator. We might get trapped in it with other agents since Seven can't control it anymore," You said to Four as you grabbed some of the passed out agents' things.

While talking, you handed her a knife you got from one of the agents and pocketed a stun gun that the other had.

"Stairs?" Four asked, grabbing the knife.

You nodded, standing up.

"Stairs."

You looked at T with pursed lips.

"Can you find your way to the back door once we reach the ground level?" You asked her.

"This was my base for two years, Agent. Of course I do," T said, smiling at you. "Although I'd have to manually lift the lockdown from the security room."

"How long will that take? And what level is that?" Four asked.

"It's on the 2nd level and it'll take around ten minutes, considering how I'd have to make sure no one else is inside," T said.

"Okay," You said, nodding. "It's gonna be hard to face people in the stairs as well, but it's better than facing them inside an elevator."

"What's the plan, Six?" Four asked.

"Honestly, I didn't expect we'd make it this far without getting caught," You said, chuckling which was paired with a shrug. "But if it's close range, knock them out. If they're from another higher level and they're only two or alone, fire the dart. Guns are still for last resort and if needed, aim with the intent to disable not to kill."

You could see from the corner of your eye how Four's expression suddenly shifted.

"I hope Five's okay," she said.

You looked at the blonde and smiled, "She's fine. This is her forte after all."

"Right," Four said, smiling at you.

"Ready?" You asked.

"Ready."

You placed your hand on the door to the stairwell and pushed it open.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

"Up. Three. Mine left," You said, aiming the dart gun at one of the agents that are three levels higher than you.

"Got it," Four said, aiming at the other one and immediately reloading to hit the last one.

The two of you were finally on the 24th floor of the building. Agent Zero was still six floors higher and you were now down to two darts while Four only has one left.

"I can hear people running towards us," Four said, noticing loud footsteps.

"Damn it," You said, rushing up the stairs. "The last one was able to notify them."

"Six!" Four exclaimed, placing her hand on her gun.

"Not yet!" You shouted, running up.

"We're making it harder for us!" Four shouted back. "They're aiming at us anyways, even though we haven't done anything wrong!"

"That's the thing though! They think they're doing the right thing because they're being told that we're the ones with ill intent," You said. "They're just following orders, Four."

"If I get hurt because of your moral shit, I am gonna shoot you," Four said.

"Wow, thanks," You said, rolling your eyes.