P 05

"Oh!" Yu exclaimed as he stood beside Ryunosuke and stared at a transmission tower. "Is that..."

Ryunosuke soon after continued with, "Could that be...."

"The Skytree?!" the two said at the same time.

"Um- Well," You said, wanting to tell them it wasn't. "Never mind."

From the distance, you could hear the Nekoma captain laugh very loudly.

"Here we are, Tokyo!" shouted Yu and Ryunosuke.

You looked around and pouted a little when you realized the person you were looking for wasn't around. Deciding not to make it any harder for yourself, you walked towards Tetsurou.

"Um, Kuroo-san, right?" You said.

"Yeah, why?" Tetsurou asked.

"Where is Kenma?"

"He's inside the gym with the others."

"Oh," You said, nodding.

"You can go ahead if you like," Tetsurou said. "Although you'd have to drop off your things first."

"It's fine. I'm gonna wait for the whole team," You said.

"Alright."

You looked around and walked towards Yu who was pushing a yawning Kei towards the entrance of the buildings while Tadashi walked right beside the libero.

"Yamaguchi!" You called.

"[Last Name]," he said with a groggy voice. "You're so energetic already."

"Well, I am excited to see Kenma so I was awake for the remaining fifteen minutes of the trip," You said.

"Ah...."

All of you continued to walk towards the room you'd stay in without talking. Once you were there, you dropped your bags and immediately headed towards the gym. The moment you walked inside, you saw many unfamiliar faces.

"So many schools," You mumbled. "Oh, there's Kenma!"

You jogged towards the boy while calling his name, "Kenma!"

"Oh, Shin," he said. "Where's Shouyou?"

"He had to take supplementary exams so he isn't here right now," You explained.

"Oh," Kenma looked down, a little disappointed.

"Don't worry," You said. "If there's anything Shouyou is known for other than his jump and speed, it's his persistence. You know nothing can't separate him from volleyball."

Kenma just nodded. You smiled and waved goodbye at him before jogging away.

"I'm gonna go back to my team. Talk to you later!" You said.

"Mm," Kenma replied— not that you heard.

You stood beside Tadashi as the two of you watched the other teams warm-up.

'Shouyou, Kageyama, you better get here before we're done.'

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

"Tsukki!"

Kei blocked the ball that bounced off the court that Nekoma and Fukurodani were using.

'That person with the number four has so much power. I bet if Shouyou were here right now, he would keep going off on how he wants to have a match against that person.' You thought, chuckling a little as you imagined how your friend would react.