S 15

You ran down the stairs and towards the dining room with your bag slung from your shoulder.

"Good morning!" You said, greeting Maeko, your foster mother, and Maki.

"Good morning."

You sat down, placing your bag on the floor.

"Is it just me or you're actually serious with volleyball?" Maki asked.

"I actually am," You replied with a smile as you grabbed a piece of bread. "Is it bad?"

"Not at all," Maki said, applying butter on his bread. "It's good to pick up a hobby every now and then."

"It's really fun!" You exclaimed.

"Why don't we tell the others about it?" Maki suggested.

You knew he was talking about the others in your agency that were also managed by Agent T— Agents 459, 508, and 790.

"But we're only five. It's not enough to do at least a 3 v 3," You said, taking a bite from your bread.

"We'll drag some from Agent O's team," Maki said.

"I wanna see Ten try it," You said, giggling at the image of Agent 101 trying to hit the ball.

"It's settled then," Maki said, smiling.

"I can't wait," You said, grabbing your bag. "I need to go!"

"Not waiting for me?" he asked.

"Nope! Slowpoke!" You said, sticking your tongue out.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

You were the first to arrive and the club room was locked. So what do you do? You sit on the rails while swinging your legs.

"You bastard, Kageyama!" You heard from the distance.

You didn't need to hear more to know that two of your teammates where already close by. You chuckled a little as you watched both of them panting— Shouyou was lying down on the pavement.

"That makes thirty-one wins and thirty loses for me," Tobio said, catching his breath. "And one draw."

"That's not right," Shouyou said, standing up.

"It is right! I won," Tobio said.

"I've won thirty times and that was my thirty-second lost," the orange-haired boy admitted.

Shouyou started walking towards the stairs.

"Around this time last year, you defeated my team," he continued. "We got crushed."

'Am I completely unnoticed here? I'm literally on the rails with my feet dangling. Are they in their own world?' You thought to yourself.

"If you're the king that rules the court, I'll have to defeat you, and be the last one standing!" Shouyou said, quoting himself. "I promise I'll defeat you. Even if it takes me ten years or twenty years, I will!"

"You plan on playing on the same level as me then," Tobio said.

"Yeah, that's right!" Shouyou said.

"Even if I'm the best in Japan or the whole world?"

"O-Of course!"

You chuckled once more as you adored the relationship between the two. They both knew they worked well together but their main goal is standing against each other again.

"And don't call me King," Tobio said, grabbing Shouyou by the hair.

"Ouch!"

"Let's go. Today we take our first step toward that goal."