Chapter 13

You paced back and forth backstage, trying to calm your nerves. Any minute now you and Yoongi would walk out onto the stage in front of hundreds of people and thousands more watching from home.

"Are you okay? I know you don't like huge crowds," Yoongi asked.

You took a deep breath. You rubbed your fingers against the bracelet Yoongi had given you at your piano competition, and felt a bit more calm. "I'll be okay. I can do this. It's just for a few minutes. But you'll be there next to me the whole time right?"

"Of course. I wouldn't let you go alone. Plus, I can't let you go out there and take all the credit for the song. I helped too." He winked, making you laugh.

The stage manager gave you the cue and you two walked onstage. The fans roared, cheering both Yoongi's name and yours. You were surprised at how many signs there were with your name on it. Just a couple weeks ago you were practically anonymous. But now everyone knew your name. You still weren't used to it yet.

You sat down next to Yoongi on the couch.

"Welcome, we are so lucky to have Min Yoongi and Song Y/N here today," the host introduced. The crowd applauded. "Your first song 'Haunted' has been at the top of the charts for the past several weeks now, and your newest song 'My reason' hit number one instantly. How do you feel?"

You looked to Yoongi petrified, begging him to answer for the both of you.

Yoongi quickly took over. "We are honestly so thankful and so happy that ARMYs have loved it."

"Y/N, you have become a sensation almost overnight. How do you feel? What's been different?"

"Umm, it's definitely been an adjustment being more in the public eye now than before. I'm not used to all the love just yet, but ARMYs have been so kind."

The host flipped to his next flashcard. "What's it been like working together?"

"Working with Y/N is so different from any other producer," Yoongi started. "Her mind just sees things in ways I can't even imagine. With 'Haunted' I had been stuck on the melody for weeks. It just didn't sound right. And then Y/N heard me play it one day at the music store. She just kept playing around with it and tweaking it, and suddenly she had created this beautiful melody."

You couldn't help but smile. "You can't give me all the credit."

"What was your inspiration for this song? Why did you name it 'My reason'?" The host asked.

"Yoon was my inspiration," you explained. "I was seconds away from dropping out of a piano competition when he rushed in to come watch me play. I honestly wasn't even sure that he was going to come, but he did. And he reminded me of why I love playing the piano. It makes me and those around me happy. So he's my reason to keep playing music."

"Meeting Y/N was my reason to keep playing too," Yoongi added.

A chorus of "aww's" rippled through the audience.

"On to our last and most requested question. Everyone wants to know, are you two more than just friends? Could there possibly be some romance in the air?" The lights in the studio turned pink. Pictures of you and Yoongi walking along the Han River and you getting into Yoongi's van flashed on the big screen.

"Oh we're not––" You started.

"I was actually going to confess that day," Yoongi interrupted, gesturing to the pictures at the Han River.

Your eyes widened. "You were?"

"Right before we got interrupted." He turned back to the host. "So no, we are not dating... yet."

The crowd went wild.

A crew member rushed on stage with a small bouquet of roses. He handed them to Yoongi. It was deathly silent in the studio as the audience waited to hear what Yoongi would say next.

"Y/N, I don't know how you feel, but I really like you. Will you please be my girlfriend?"

You took the bouquet from him. "Yes!"

He wrapped his arms around you, picking you up and swinging you around.