Chapter 9

Ever since Yoongi saw Jimin's tweet, the urge to knock him flat started boiling within him. By the time Yoongi finally made it back to the dorm, he was ready to burst. Storming into the living room, he found Jimin seated on the couch.

"What the heck is wrong with you?" Yoongi angrily pushed Jimin, causing him to stumble back a few feet.

"What are you talking about?"

"You just had to post that video of Y/N on twitter." Yoongi's fists were shaking as he resisted the urge to punch Jimin.

Jimin's eyes narrowed. "She deserves credit."

"Oh so now you're taking the high road. That's rich. You were so ready to claim that as your own when I asked you who wrote it."

Jimin looked down, shifting his feet uncomfortably. "Well I was wrong to do that. I shouldn't have taken credit, and neither should you."

"So you had to tweet the video of her playing it?"

"How else would I prove it was her?"

"But now it's all over the internet. She's getting mobbed by fans and I can't find her anywhere. Did you even think about the consequences and what it would mean for Y/N before posting it?"

Jimin didn't back down. He looked straight into Yoongi's eyes. "Look, I stand by what I did. If Slow Rabbit or Adora had written that part, their names would have appeared on the track. Y/N is a great pianist and an even better composer, and the world should know her name."

"But she's not ready to be thrust into the spotlight. You know exactly how crazy sasaengs can get. And you just gave them live bait."

"No. Don't make me the bad guy this time. I'm just trying to make things right. Besides, it's just a video of her playing piano. You can barely see her face and she has one of the most common last names in Korea."

Yoongi glowered at him. "If anything happens to her, it's on you." Yoongi pushed past Jimin, slamming the door behind him.

- - - -

Walking to the music store for your shift the next morning, you were surprised by how many people were waiting on the sidewalk. As you approached, people started swarming you, yelling your name. They took out their phones, recording you and snapping pictures.

Shielding your face, you ran into the back door. You quickly pulled the door shut and locked it before anyone could follow you.

"Hyunjin!" you called, searching for your boss.

Hyunjin raced into the backroom, closing the door behind him. "Y/N! Oh thank goodness you're okay. I was worried with the crowd forming. I feel like they are about to burst through the door any minute now."

"What's going on? Why are there so many people here?"

Hyunjin shrugged. "They're all here to see you I guess. They've been here for almost an hour now. I tried to call you."

"I know, I'm sorry. I was late and in a rush to get here." The crowd kept getting louder and louder as more people joined them. The sheer size of the crowd was starting to freak you out, especially since they were all calling your name. You had never really been in the spotlight before and you weren't sure if you liked it.

"Is this really all because of that stupid tweet? I thought they'd just forget about it and hopefully me too. How'd they even find out where I work?"

"Never underestimate the power of motivated fans."

The fans started pounding on the glass. You could see them peaking through the windows of the storefront.

"What are we going to do? We can't open the store like this."

"Who cares about opening the store. Your safety is more important. We'll just have to find a way to get you out safely."

Suddenly the back door flew open. Yoongi quickly shut and locked it behind him.

You crossed your arms, frowning. "How'd you get in here?"

"You really shouldn't leave the key under the mat out there." Yoongi handed Hyunjin the spare key.

Hyunjin gave you a disapproving look. "That's where you're keeping the spare key?"

"It was one time!"

"We'll talk about that later."

You turned back to Yoongi. "What the heck are you doing here?"

"I heard the fans were swarming the music store. I came to help you."

"How did you think you were going to help? You're just going to create more rumors! It's only going to get worse for me. Did you know I've been receiving death threats for hanging out with you?"

"I know and I'm going to fix it. I promise. I won't let anything happen to you."

You ran a hand through your hair. "Look, I appreciate that you're trying to help, but your plan seems like you didn't think it through. If you fans see me leaving with you, things are just going to get worse."

"That's why I asked Jimin to go be a distraction a couple blocks away. The fans will follow him and then we'll make our escape."

"You are the most idiotic person I know and I work in customer service!"

"It'll work, trust me." Yoongi sent a quick text. "There. Any minute now Jimin should be tweeting his location. All these fans will leave, trust me."

Sure enough, one by one, the fans disappeared down the street in search of Jimin. Soon there was no one pounding on the front door. It seemed eerily quiet without dozens of screaming teenage girls and boys.

"Now's our chance!"

Yoongi grabs your hand, leaving you no choice but to follow him down the alleyway where a car is waiting. He throws open the door and you two climb inside. You thought you heard the faint sound of a camera clicking.

"We made it! Do you think anyone saw us?"

Yoongi shook his head. "I didn't see anyone. We should be safe now."

You looked out the window. The car seemed to be heading closer to downtown, away from where you lived. "Where are we going?"

"If they could find out where you worked from a single video, there's no doubt they'll find out where you live too. Sometimes it scares me how tech savvy and downright stalkerish they are."

"So where are we going?"

"The BTS dorms."