Chapter 8

Finally you were able to escape the crowd by hiding in a tight alley that was obscured from the street. Yoongi set you down on the ground. You groaned in pain.

"How's your ankle?"

"It really hurts. I think I sprained it." A shooting pain raced up your ankle when you tried to put some weight on it.

"I'm so sorry Y/N. I didn't mean for our night to end like this or for you to get hurt."

"Who were they?"

"Oh, uhh. I don't know. They must have me confused with someone else."

You frowned, not quite believing him. "They kept shouting Min Yoongi. Isn't he from BTS? Hey, you guys have similar names. Yoon and Yoongi... wait. You're––"

Your eyes widened as you realized who he was.

He was Min Yoongi.

You had been hanging out with the Min Yoongi of BTS this whole time.

While you weren't a diehard ARMY yourself, you knew who BTS was. It was impossible to live in Korea and not know who they were, especially working in a music shop.

You had a vague idea of what BTS looked like, but they changed their hair and style too often for you to memorize their faces. You were also usually too busy listening to classical music for your classes and competitions to listen to pop music.

"You're Min Yoongi, not Yoon. And Jimin... the blond haired boy, he's Park Jimin."

Yoongi put his hand over your mouth, shushing you. "Yes, but please be quiet. I don't want them to hear us and then find us."

"You lied to me."

"I didn't lie necessarily... I just didn't tell you the full truth."

"A lie of omission is still a lie."

Yoongi looked down at the ground. You could tell he felt bad, but your mind was racing as you reanalyzed every interaction you'd had with him.

Did you really even know him?

He suddenly felt like a stranger to you.

"Why wouldn't you tell me? Did you think I couldn't be trusted with your secret?"

"No, it's not that. I just – I wanted to just be a normal human being for once. Just Yoon. Not Min Yoongi of BTS. I wanted you to see me. The real me. Not the idol pop star." He ran a hand through his hair, pulling at the ends. "Now I've gone and messed that all up."

"Do I even know you? Have you lied to me about anything else?"

"No, of course not! Just my name and my real job."

You scoffed, rolling your eyes. "Right, because you told me you were a composer, but really you're an idol. And not just any idol, one of the most famous ones in all of Korea and internationally too."

"Please don't be mad at me Y/N."

'Don't be mad? I'm furious. You lied to me and this was how I found out. Were you ever going to tell me? What if you had actually confessed that you had feelings for me back there? Would you have told me then or never about who you really are?"

Yoongi bit his lip, not really knowing what to say.

"I see. So you weren't going to tell me."

"Y/N..."

"No, don't. I like you. There I said it. I liked you Yoon, but you lied. I got my hopes up about you liking me back and maybe dating you, but that's not going to happen when you have an idol reputation to keep up."

"I can talk to the company. I can work something out. I'll do whatever it takes."

"I need some space right now." Gritting your teeth, you stood up. Pain shot through your leg but you ignored it. Walking to the curb, you pulled out your phone to call an Uber.

You looked down at your phone. It was blowing up with notifications. Hundreds, if not thousands, of people followed on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, any social media you had. You were mentioned in thousands of tweets.

Opening Twitter, you looked at the trending page.

BTS –– New single "Haunted" by Agust D now available and streaming on all platforms #Suga 

BTS –– Song Y/N deserves credit for writing the melody #Jimin

Attached to Jimin's tweet was a video of you playing "Haunted" on the piano.