Chapter 2

"Y/N, I've got to head out. Can you close tonight?" The owner of the store, Hyunjin, asked, breaking your concentration on the melody. You looked up from the piano.

"Sure. I don't mind."

"Thank you. And can you finish unpacking those boxes in the back?" You nodded, standing up to go to the back room. Thanking you once more, Hyunjin quickly left to go to his appointment.

Since you were in the back, you didn't hear the bell ring as the door swung open. Two boys, Jimin and Yoongi, entered the small music shop. The store sold a mix of old vinyl records and CDs as well as an assortment of musical instruments.

Jimin flicked through the vinyl records absentmindedly. "So why are we here exactly?"

"I'm looking for a record or something." Yoongi looked around the store but the cute girl that was usually there wasn't at the counter or her spot at the piano.

Jimin looked over to see Yoongi focused on the piano tucked in the back corner of the shop, completely ignoring the records. "Don't you have a piano at home and another in your studio?"

"Uhh, yeah, but..." Yoongi stuttered to come up with an excuse. "I don't know. It's just different."

"Different how?"

"You didn't have to come with." It came out a little harsher than he intended. This was his special oasis that he hadn't really planned on sharing with anyone else.

"I wanted to see where you disappear to all of the time."

"I don't disappear."

Jimin rolled his eyes. "Yeah, right."

"This place is just... special to me."

"What makes it so special?"

"This is where I found my first love."

"Wait, your brown piano? You bought it here."

Yoongi nodded. He brushed his fingers across the ivory keys. There was more to it than that though. Yoongi started playing the instrumental version of one of the songs he's produced. Jimin leaned on the piano, singing along softly.

Yoongi was transported back to the second time he ever came to the store.

Yoongi quickly slipped into the store. He thought there were a few fans following him. After running in circles for a bit, he lost them.

It was a quaint little music shop. Music instruments lined the walls. There were rows of shelves with records and CDs on them. There was only one other family in the store who was at the counter checking out.

The girl behind the counter smiled and waved at the family as they left the store. "Hi, how can I help you?"

"Oh, umm, I'm just looking." Yoongi pulled his hat lower over his face.

"Okay! Let me know if you need anything. I'm Y/N." Yoongi watched as she straightened up some of the shelves for a few minutes, while he absentmindedly browsed the shelves. He kept his distance, trying to avoid her recognizing him.

Yoongi flicked through some of the records as the girl sat down at the piano. The store was filled with melodic sounds as her fingers glided across the piano keys. Her eyes were closed as she played. She was fully immersed in the music, not paying any attention to her surroundings. She seemed so relaxed, like the weight of the world wasn't pressing down on you.

Lately Yoongi had been feeling so lost. Playing the piano and making music wasn't fun anymore. He was worried that he had chosen the wrong career path by becoming an idol.

Watching her play, eyes closed with a smile on her face and without a care in the world, reminded Yoongi of why he loved music in the first place.

Music was fun.

"Y/N! Can you come help me with this?" her boss yelled from the back room.

The melody abruptly halted, ruining the peaceful atmosphere. "Coming!"

Before Yoongi knew what he was saying, the words tumbled out. "Thank you."

"For what? Did you need some help?" Y/N asked inquisitively.

Yoongi shook his head. "I think I found exactly what I was looking for. So thank you."

"Oh okay. I have to run to the back in a second, but I can ring you up first."

Yoongi followed her to the checkout counter. He grabbed a random CD to buy so he didn't look weird. He handed Y/N the album.

"Ahh, Agust D. I'm surprised we even have any copies left. It's been very popular lately," Y/N noted as she scanned the CD.

"Oh yeah..." Yoongi fidgeted with his cap, pulling it down again. "Have you listened to it?"

"Nah, hip hop isn't really my style. I'm more of a classical music kinda girl. Let me know if it's good though. Maybe I'll give it a try." She stopped before she put the CD in a bag. "Oh wait. There's a scratch on the cover. Do you want to find a different one?"

"That's okay. This one is perfect."

"Oh, okay. Before I forget, we are having a sale on these guitar pick bracelets. They're half off."

"Sure. I'll take one." Yoongi took one from the pile for her to scan.

She handed him the bag along with the receipt. "Thank you! Have a nice day!"

"You too!" Yoongi slipped the bracelet on his wrist.

To this day the album still sat proudly in his studio.

A phone chimed, bringing Yoongi back to reality. He smiled at the bracelet that still hung on his wrist.

"Yoongi, come on!" Jimin called, checking his texts. "We're going to be late!" Jimin tugged on Yoongi's arm, pulling him away from the piano.

The store bell rang as they left. Y/N emerged from the storage room, but whoever was playing had disappeared. The beautiful song and voice were stuck in your head for days. You couldn't help but wonder who the mysterious piano man was.