Chapter 12

S.Coups POV

I looked around the room. It's been a while since we sit together like this.

"So Seunggyo is aware of us using this room?" Dino asked and I gave him a small nod. "He said we can use it for as long as we need to. We need to get this settle." I told him and some other guys nodded.

"So Hwayangyeonhwa. What about them?" Seungkwan asked. He looked all serious and mature compared to our younger days. I had to agree to Jun's statement earlier this day. We've all grew up.

I slightly shook my head. I stood up from my chair, "Hwangyangyeonhwa. All of us are aware that Mingyu, Minghao and Woozi went there right? Well the outcome from the visit is..." I placed my hands on the table, slightly bending my body. "They want to be an ally with us."

"No!"

"What?!"

"It's a scam!"

"They're planning something!"

I looked at them. "Do you think that's the worst part? Think again." I took a deep breath before announcing, "Seunggyo agreed with them."

"No way!" Hoshi was seen getting up from his chair. "I'm getting Seunggyo here. We need to talk to him."

"We already did." Mingyu answered on my behalf. "We talked with him this morning. Spent a few hours discussing with us and he came to a decision to agree to form an ally with them."

"You discussed with him? Then didn't you tell him how their people kill ours??" Vernon asked.

Joshua nodded, "We took that into account too. To be honest Seunggyo and we weren't on the same page. Seunggyo at the early stage didn't agree with it but after going through some reading, strategic and future planning, he told us why he agreed with them."

"And do you think this will give an advantage to us?" Wonwoo asked. "Actually, it will benefit both of the kingdoms." I walked around the table.

"In terms of defense, we know they're in charge. But when it comes to natural resources, lands and geography, we have an advantage on that. So if we form an ally with them, Odemore will be under their protection and as the exchange, we will provide them with resources. Mingyu said there's a huge possibility they're going to agree on our term. They saw their economy there." I looked at Mingyu and gave him a small nod, urging him to say something.

"We can see there's a huge gap in the economy between Odemore and Hwayangyeonhwa. There's plenty of room for improvement for them." He explained.

"So if this happens, we get to implement our system in theirs and they'll get to implement their defense system in ours. That way, they get to improve their economy and we get to improve our defense. Not to forget that if this happens, we will lose our most top enemy. Even if we get attacked, we should be okay. The other kingdoms are not as strong and as powerful as Hwayangyeonhwa." Woozi added.

I nodded, "You are correct."

I see the other members were thinking.

"But hyung..." Seokmin called me. "Can we trust them?" he asked the killer question. I know it's hard to trust a party, especially if they're your enemy for years...

"We have to trust them." I told them firmly.

"Okay then. What's the next step?" Seokmin asked.

"The King is going to celebrate his birthday in a few weeks. We're going to have a ball here in the palace. And we're going to invite the people from Hwayangyeonhwa to celebrate it with us." I told them and they nodded without any objection.

Looking at Joshua, I told him. "Joshua, you and Seungkwan will be in charge of sending the invitation to them. Make sure to do it fast. Tell them to be here a few days before the actual ball so we can have a meeting with them." Joshua nodded. "Seungkwan, you heard that right?" "Noted, hyung." Seungkwan nodded.

I then looked at the others, "The others should be prepared for their arrival. Safety comes first. You are allowed to wield your weapon if and only if they did it first." I reminded them. "We will sit for another meeting with Seunggyo and other ministers regarding this matter in a week and I want all of you to be there."

They nodded, "Okay hyung, noted that.

After discussing a few more matters with them, I finally dismissed them and went straight home.

I was away for only a few hours but I already missed Haneul a lot. She has been a big part in my life. My day is incomplete without cuddling with her. And I haven't done that today.

I sighed.

I walked towards the front door and I could hear my son, Jaewoo, was crying.

Here we go again. Gaeul and Bomi were like this when they were babies as well. They sleep during the day and are awake during the night. Haneul and I had to take turns keeping them accompanied.

I opened the door and I saw Haneul was cradling Jaewoo, perhaps trying to put him to sleep. She softly hummed a lullaby to him. I smiled softly as I watched her. "I'm home." I said as soft as possible.

She turned to me, "Hi." She smiled. I walked up to her and took him from her. "You should take a rest, love." "No, let me. You should take your shower first." Haneul tried to take Jaewoo back but I didn't let her. "Please, Haneul. You need to rest. I'll watch him for tonight okay. I'll go to bed after he's asleep." I said to her.

She looked hesitated at first but I know she loves the idea. She's tired and I could see that in her eyes. "Are you sure?" "100% sure, love. Now go to our room. I'll be there after I put him to sleep." I assured her.

"Thank you Seungcheol oppa." She craned her neck and pecked my lips. "Sorry I can't cuddle with you today." She apologized. "It's okay, love. I understand. Good night." I smiled at her and she nodded with a smile before she walked into our room.

I then looked at Jaewoo. "What's wrong, prince? Why aren't you sleeping? Let's sleep okay." I started to cradle him.

After an hour, finally Jaewoo is asleep. I went into our room and carefully placed him in the crib. I walked up to the bed and slipped into the duvet to be with my queen. I rested my hand on her waist, scooting closer to her. I buried my nose on her nose, taking in her scent. "I love you, Haneul. I love you so much."

I whispered to her before slowly drifting to sleep.

Author's note : So I have a concern here and it might affect greatly on the update. My work schedule for September is full! and I mean full! we need to go out  from the office a lot. and we are required to travel 3-4 hours driving to the destinations. What I'm worried for now is when do I find time to write? Updating is not a problem. But to update, i need to write. and i'm not sure if i can deliver the update as scheduled. So before anything happen next month, I would like to apologize to you my readers, if the update is getting slower and slower. Please know that it's not my intention to slow it down. I'm really sorry but I will try my best to update you with new chapter each week and i will try to make the series shorter (i know the feeling of reading a slow burn book with lots of chapter. It's annoying, i know ><). Again, I'm sorry and I hope for your understanding

foreverinfinite