Chapter 4

Mingyu POV

While my mind kept on asking myself some questions which I didn't even know what to answer, I didn't realise we were already in front of the palace gate. My horse pulled into a stop. We know the rules. No horse in the palace ground. Tug on their rein but do not ride them.

Without having our escort tell us what to do, the three of us already got down from the horses.

We walked into the palace and at once, eyes were on us. Maybe it's because of our kingdom crest that was hanging around my waist.

I slightly bowed at them and they returned back with a....suspicious bow, I could say it.

The three of us went into a room, or a hall I shall say. There were thrones. But they were empty.

"Aren't the King and the Queen supposed to be there before we arrived?" Woozi asked me and I just nodded. "Supposedly." We stood up dumbfounded for a few minutes before the huge door behind us once again flew open.

Some men walked into the room to be with us. The crown on top of their heads told us that they might be the princes of this kingdom. From what I've heard from Seunggyo, their king is an old man.

I took the time to count them.

One, two, three, four, five....

Among the five men, one of them stepped up and sat on the throne while the other four were standing by the side.

"So you're from Odemore...." The prince looked at us. "Where's your king? From my invitation, I remember asking for him to come personally."

Before I could answer him, Woozi hyung already beat me. "I'm sorry but our king couldn't come. We wouldn't let him. Who knows what might happen to him? You might send someone to kill him on his way here." He growled.

I sighed. This shorty really needs to handle his temper. He's not getting any younger but his attitude...sometimes he's more immature than our youngest.

I cleared my throat. I bowed to them first. "I'm sorry for my brother's attitude." "Yah, Kim Mingyu why-" "This is their land, Woozi hyung. We need to abide by their ways." I told him.

Someone clapped their hands. The three of us looked up. It's one of the men that stood on the side. "He has manners, shorty, unlike you."

"Shut up!" Woozi hyung growled before he started to run towards them with an ice stake in his grip.

"Woozi hyung, no-" I tried to stop him but what I saw stunned me.

That guy...stopped Woozi's hyung attack with a....barrier?

"Wh-What?" I watched as Woozi hyung tried to pull out his stake but it seems his stake got stuck. "That friend of yours is right, shorty. This is our land. You should bear with us, even if we play dirty trick. So unless you want to get killed here and let only both of them walk back to Odemore, I suggest you keep your weapon away."

The guy that looked like Woozi hyung spoke.

Woozi hyung gritted his teeth before he withdrew his power and slowly walked backwards back to us. "You're okay?" I heard Minghao asked him. "Yeah."

"Yoongi hyung! You can't use your power on our guest!" a cute looking guy stood next to him spoke. "Do you expect me to let him attack me? Not a chance, Jiminie!" this guy called Yoongi growled as his eyes glaring dagger at Woozi hyung.

I rolled my eyes. We're off on a bad start!

I cleared my throat. "I'm sorry. Let me start over again. My name is Kim Mingyu. This hot-tempered guy is Lee Jihoon, and that calm silent one is Minghao. And we're here on behalf of our King, Choi Seunggyo. We're-"

"Kim Mingyu? You're Kim Mingyu?" another foreign voice asked. We all turned around, including the princes.

"You're late, Jungkook." The one who sat on the throne narrowed his eyes at the man who just entered. "Sorry, Namjoon hyung." The guy called Jungkook answered before walking further into the room.

"Taehyung?" one of the princes asked.

"I'm here, Hoseok hyung." Another good looking guy walked in. If there's Most Handsome Vampire Awards, he would definitely snatch the first place. But then again, I'm not bad myself.

I shook my head. What the hell am I thinking? Be serious, Kim Mingyu!

"Kim Mingyu...." The Jungkook guy called my name again. "What do you want?" I narrowed my eyes at him. Somehow this guy...I hate him.

"Your father secretly married a human right?"

I clenched my fist. "What are you trying to say, coconut head?" I narrowed my eyes at him. If my stare could kill somehow, he would be on the floor dead.

"Jungkook, don't you start!"

"Why, Seokjin hyung? It's the truth isn't it? His family started it. If his dad kept things in his pants, things won't happen!"

That's it!

I clenched my fist and I could feel a slight electric run towards my fingers; sparks were formed. Without thinking rationally, I charged towards that guy.

"Yoongi!" this Seokjin guy shouted and this Yoongi guy formed a barrier around them. He smirked at me, "Remember, abide to our rules." "And let him talk bad about my family?! Not a chance!" I exerted more power and tried to break into the barrier.

"Enough!"

Just then the whole place started shaking before out of nowhere, soil and dirt gathered in the room and slowly got stuck on my hands, blocking me from using my power.

Before my hands completely got cover with soil, I was engulfed with dark shadow. Minghao. I turned to look that his shadow people were covering the three of us.

"Yah Namjoon-ah!" "

"Namjoon hyung!"

I looked at Yoongi's and Jungkook's hand. They were covered with soil.

"Remember what I've told you?! I want no war!" Namjoon who was sitting on the throne growled.

"He attacked me!" the Jungkook guy spoke while pointing at me with his soil-covered hand. "If you keep your mouth shut, then he won't attack you first!" Namjoon guy waved his hand once and the soil slowly disappeared, and so did Minghao's shadow people.

The person on the throne then looked at us, "Have a rest first. I had the servant to prepare rooms for you. We'll talk again during dinner. This time, we'll have proper introduction."

We could just nod silently. Few servants then came to show us the way to our chambers.

"Hey Mingyu...you notice that?" Minghao finally spoke after being silence for a while.

"What? Are you talking about the element power?" I asked him back and he nodded. Woozi hyung joined the conversation, "Well, it's either he's a pureblood like S.Coups hyung or..."

"Or he somehow related to my family." I could feel my jaw literally tightened.

First dad had another woman and had a daughter. Haneul is a blessing in my life. But what about this guy? Who is he? What else did my father hide from us?