Chapter 39

Third Person POV

That night, Haneul was sleeping peacefully. She was tired that's why she went to bed earlier than usual.

A dark figure walked closer to Haneul's sleeping figure. The figure stood right next to Haneul. The person was admiring her. "Baby..." he softly whispered.

S.Coups's hand reached out to touch her face. His fingers softly glided across her puffy cheek, carefully enough not to wake her up. "I'm sorry baby. But please give me one more chance to redeem myself." S.Coups held in his tears.

He misses his wife too much. He misses everything about her, her voice, her touch, her presence, her love. He misses everything.

His eyes then landed on the mate mark on her neck. That's where his fingers went next. He gently touched the mark. "B-Baby..."

Right at that moment, Haneul's eyes snapped open. She let out a loud gasp as she jumped off of the bed. "What are you doing here??" She was looking at him furiously.

S.Coups was walking closer to her, "Love.." "Don't come any close, Choi Seungcheol!" She warned him.

He was surprised to hear his full name from her lips. It was rare for her to do that. She would usually call him with nicknames.

"Haneul, please listen to me. I still love you, baby."

"Love me? I don't believe that. You hurt-"

"I know! And I'm sorry about it. But look, I'm here now. I'm here to take you and the kids back home."

Haneul narrowed her eyes at him, "What if you hurt me once we get home? What if you lock us up?" "Baby, I won't do that! You're my wife! The kids are mine! I wouldn't hurt you."

"I don't believe you! Eun Hui probably sent you here! This is all a trap!"

"No it's not! Gosh! Why is it so hard for you to listen to me?" S.Coups took another step forward. Haneul quickly put up her wind protective shield around her, preventing him from coming any closer to her.

"Say what you want, and then leave!" She warned him. "Okay fine!" S.Coups took a few steps back, "Okay listen to me carefully. That day, the last thing I remember, I was struggling to get away from Eun Hui. She was holding onto my face, forcing me to look into her eyes. I wanted so much to push her away but I couldn't. It's like there's another force that was holding onto me. And I don't even know how she ended in my reading room! Please Haneul trust me."

Haneul fell onto her knees. "Don't you know how hurt we are??" She cried before she hugged her knees. "You broke us!" Her emotion was unstable and the wind started to blow a little rougher outside. Her shield slowly wobbled and disappeared.

"I'm scared now! I'm scared that you will hurt us more. My heart can't take this anymore." Haneul sobbed.

S.Coups carefully walked closer to her. He went on his knees in front of her. "L-Love..." he slowly lifted her chin. He cupped her face and his heart clenched at the sight in front of her. This by far, the worst he had saw his wife cry.

"I'm sorry, love. Please forgive me. I'll do everything for you to forgive me, even if it takes years." S.Coups slowly leaned down and kissed her head.

Haneul suddenly attacked him with a tight hug. "I hate you! I hate you! How could you do this to us??" She cried on his chest. He was happy that he's able to hug his wife now but he's still disappointed with himself for hurting his loved one.

She pushed him away and started to hit his chest as she kept repeating, "I hate you."

S.Coups couldn't take it anymore. He cupped her face and forcefully smashed his lips against hers.

Haneul tried to push him away but he just pulled her even closer, making her fall on top of him. "I miss you, baby." S.Coups confessed in between the kisses. He then continued to kiss his wife. But Haneul suddenly bit his lips, causing it to bleed but obviously he didn't give a damn about it.

Feeling his wife's lips against his making him forget everything, including the pain on his lips. He continued to kiss her and this time Haneul gave in and kissed him back.

Without both of them realised, both of them had tears running down their cheeks. Both were crying for many reasons. But one reason they both shared, they miss each other.

Without pulling away from the kiss, S.Coups carried her to the bed. He gently placed Haneul on it and pulled away for a moment. His rough hand gently caressed her smooth cheek. "I'm sorry baby. I'm sorry." He still has tears in his eyes.

Haneul cupped his face with her both hands. Her thumb ran on his bruised lips where she bit him a moment ago. "I'm sorry." She then looked into his eyes.

He shook his head. He took her hand and kissed on her palm, "This pain is nothing compared to what I did to you and our kids, baby." S.Coups then wiped her tears, "Please don't cry anymore, baby. I promise you I will never make you cry like this again. And I promise that I will keep my promise this time." He gave her a small smile.

Haneul's hand went to his chest and played with the fabric there, "Mo-more kisses?" "Anything for you, my queen." And so they continued tasting each others lips.

Meanwhile, outside the room, Hoseok was clenching his fist tightly. He shut his eyes in pain. *I know this would happen. And yet why does it still hurts me a lot?*

He turned to walk away but he stopped and looked at Haneul's room. "It's okay Haneul. I know this bound to happen some day. You are not mine to keep." With a heavy sigh, Hoseok walked back to his room.

Haneul woke up early the next morning. She felt a light weight on her waist and she was panicking before she realised it was probably just her husband. She slowly turned around. And she was right. It was just her husband. She traced her fingers along his sharp jawlines before they rested on his lips, parting them slightly. His breath came out evenly.

Haneul slightly pulled aside his collar, revealing a bite mark. It's been a while but yes, they drank from each other last night.

Suddenly she was pulled closer towards him, making her facing directly to his chest. "Op-Oppa?" She slightly looked up at him. "Sleep baby." S.Coups mumbled sleepily. "But it's almost dawn." Haneul pouted.

S.Coups's eyes shot wide opened. "D-Dawn! Damn! I'm in trouble!" He carefully sat up so that he won't hurt Haneul. "Wh-What? Trouble?" Haneul looked at him worriedly. "Hey, it's nothing big." S.Coups cupped her cheek. He took a deep breath, "But I kindda left Mingyu alone in the wood."

"You what??" Haneul was shock. "I know I shouldn't do that. But things didn't go well yesterday. I was supposed to kidnap you and the kids. The plan is to bring you back to Odemore last night. So I told him to wait in the woods." S.Coups got off from the bed. "I need to go back to him." He walked to the window.

He turned back to look at Haneul. "Baby, pack everything and ask the kids to get ready. I'll be back for you and the kids by this afternoon. And this time, I'll use the front door." S.Coups told her and she nodded.

Haneul grabbed onto S.Coups's face before she force a kiss onto her husband's lips which later the male returned the kiss back.

She pulled away and looked at her husband, "Promise me you'll come back." "I will, love." S.Coups pecked her lips once again before he jumped out from the window and leaped into the woods.

Haneul sighed, "Am I making the right decision?"