Chapter 30

Sarah and Jareth watches as Luna continues to struggle.
Artemis watches as his mate's eyes grow with anger.

"Bring her to the ritual room, I'll be there in a minute," Sarah tells them.

The two guards and Artemis leave the room after slightly bowing, and Sarah turns to me.

"You will have to stay here, no one but a select few can be in the ritual room, I'll be back as soon as I can," Sarah tells Jareth.

Jareth just nods his head as he watches Sarah leave the room, leaving him behind. Sarah walks to the ritual room, it would have been easier to teleport into the room, but walking gives her enough time to think and remembers the ritual to cleanse the body of her people.

As she opens the door, she sees Luna chained in the middle struggling to get free. Artemis is the only one in the room. As it should be.

I get into the center of the room across from Luna. I remove part of my dress to reveal my shoulders.

"I come forth today, to cleanse Luna Weriling of the darkness that is plaguing her.  From the queens that come before me to the ones that come after me.  I beg of thee to be cleanse for our people are together again.  As ourselves and as a group.  As each others strengths and weaknesses. I take it upon myself to cleanse Luna Weriling, I will take the darkness in myself to protect my people. I will face the darkness within myself instead of my people," I call out.  

Light starts to shine down on Luna and myself as the darkness is transferred from Luna to me.   I watch as I see the darkness leave Luna and she grows tired. I smile knowing she will be fine when she wakes up. 

The light dissipates and Luna collapses.  I walk over to her and make sure all the darkness is gone. I smile as I see that it's gone and Artemis watches as his chest no longer has the mark.

"Artemis take her to recovery, I will go to the waterfalls and cleanse," I tell Artemis.

Artemis nods his head and picks up Luna and leaves.  But before he leaves I saw a speckle of love breaking through his emotionless face.

I get up and walk out the door that is hidden from everyone but me. And go to the hidden waterfall to cleanse myself.