Chapter One

The honking of the nearby bus brought him out of his revelry.

"Watch it, bozo!" The bus had missed him by a hair's breadth. William let out a breath of relief.

He checked the time and nearly cursed.

He was late.

He'd zoned out again, a second longer and the worn-out road would have been painted with him.

He grabbed the briefcase he'd carelessly flung in the face of danger and checked if anything was broken.

When he was sure everything was intact, he made his way to his office.

He adjusted his snug black tie and made his way towards the office building:

MONOSOFT.

Monosoft Inc was a whooping fifty stories. It stood regal and tall among other buildings dwarfing them all in its glory.

"Another day, another struggle." Will sighed.

He crossed the building's threshold and came to the lobby.

Everyone was like busy bees trying to get to their respective cells on time.

Mondays were always the worst.

He was the secretary but it didn't mean he was immune to query.

He registered his name at the counter while they accessed and screened his belongings.

Once they were done with the custom check, he made his way to the elevator.

Dozens of others had the same idea and boarded the claustrophobic space and he had to calm down and not get bothered about how everyone seemed to get swished together like one big human sandwich.

Standing six-foot tall, Will dwarfed more than half of the passengers on board the elevator.

Will had soft blue eyes and silky black hair that framed his blue eyes perfectly.

He was handsome.

But for someone who could care less about looks or how it seemed to draw the attention of all the ladies on board, he was blissfully and utterly oblivious.

The bell dinged and the elevator door was about closing when a voice eeped, "Wait!"

Startled, Will glanced up, as everyone else did.

The halfway closed metal door opened the rest of the way and his breath caught...

Hope.

Will's eyes were wide as he took in the woman's ruffled hair and clothes. She was always like this in the morning.

He often wondered where she lived— not in a creepy stalker kind of way of course.

She was the most beautiful sight he'd seen all day.

"Going up." Hope chuckled lamely entering the elevator.

Will's eyes were glued to her brown eyes and hair. Hope let out a breath as she found a tiny spot to squeeze into.

William had been working for Monosoft for four years now.

He'd landed the job as secretary a few months after he got laid off from his first job as an accountant.

Budget cuts.

He'd met Hope on his first day and since that day, he couldn't give a word to explain how she made him feel.

She was like the sun and she could see her illuminating everything around her.

People tend to ignore her bubbly cheeriness, but they'd always been the highlight of his day.