Chapter Thirty-Four

"Guys?"

"Hope, we were just talking," William assured her.

"I can see that." Hope looked between the two men.

"Seth?" Hope called.

Seth looked at Hope and said,

"I know you've been very busy taking care of him and that is great but I don't want you wearing yourself out."

Hope smiled at his concern.

"That's so thoughtful of you and I don't normally stay over, usually," she looked at Will with a slight blush.

William couldn't help smiling back.

"I really did enjoy your company last night. Seeing you and holding you again-" William said with a slight blush.

"Holding?" Seth looked at Will subtly.

"Stop it, Will, nothing happened. You're going to give Seth the wrong idea." Hope chuckled nervously. Her face became redder than chilly pepper.

"That kiss wasn't nothing." William smiled teasingly.

Seth's usually calm and collected demeanour almost cracked but he only exhaled and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Alright, I understand that you haven't seen each other in so long but it doesn't change the fact that she is a woman and you are a man. I'm staying." He said with a finality that left no room for argument.

"We don't know what else Fil is planning. He might not return right away but one must always be prepared."

William wanted to protest but Hope shook her head.

"I think it's for the best Will."

Soon Hope left after bidding the both of them goodbye.

"I'll see you guys soon." She smiled at Seth who returned it with one of his then she moved closer to William and hugged him.

"Thank you for choosing to come back." She whispered.

"Thank you for choosing to wait for me."

"Hope," He breathed out. He hugged her tightly.

"I-I..."

"I know Will," she looked up at him, "me too."

He stared at her, blue eyes wide. His heart was raging.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight boys."

The door clicked softly behind her as she left.

Now it was only the two of them.

William turned to Seth who was still seated on the couch.

"There's a spare room you can use-"

"I'm good, I'll just sleep on the couch," Seth said. William shrugged.

"Okay."

Seth laid down on the couch and soon closed his eyes. It was late but it was only evening. William raised an eyebrow.

"Do you always sleep this early?"

"No."

"Okay," William answered curtly walking towards his room.

"The bathroom is down the hall, the food is in the kitchen, if you need anything, I'll be in my room and yeah,"

"Got it." Seth answered tiredly. William guessed he was really exhausted after all. He had helped out with the cleaning the other day while he had been unconscious. It mustn't be easy being the head of such an astonishing group of individuals.