Chapter Eleven

Wake up Will, wake up!

He opened his eyes. He furrowed his brows at the unfamiliar brown wooden ceiling.

Where am I?

Groaning he sat up; immediately images of the realm flashed rapidly across his mind—the red coal horizon and the deadness that permeated through the very air of the eery void.

"Bennett." He muttered clenching his fist. He'd been behind everything.

'...so we asked them to take your memories away...'

They took his memories away?

Does that mean he never had the tumor, to begin with?

Had it all been one elaborate plan?

He had a headache just thinking about it.

"Will, you're awake." he heard a soft voice say to him.

He heard the door to his room close. The room was spacious and the air was surprisingly cool.

All he'd remembered was passing out in the arms of the man that had looked like an angel.

Will could feel the rapid increase in his heart rate as Hope drew closer.

Again, she wasn't in her work clothes and for some reason, it always left him speechless looking so amazing in simple clothing.

"Hope," he said.

He had a lot to say and he knew she could tell.

She looked resolute and accepting of the fact that she still had to tell him some things.

"How are you feeling?" Hope asked coming to sit on the bed beside him. He scooted over to give her room.

"I feel better now." he smiled up at her.

He remembered how she'd looked like in the realm. She'd looked heavenly and shrouded in grace. She was beautiful.

"I know you have a lot to ask and I'll answer your questions, but only when you're well-rested," she said.

He nodded. For some reason, he did feel weak.

"I'm glad you're okay," she said softly looking into his beautiful blue eyes.

Her sweater was brown just like the colour of her eyes. In fact, it matched the entire theme of the settee used in the room.

She smiled.

Will could only stare back at her; he was at a loss of what to say.

"I'm happy they got to you in time." she leaned forward and hugged him.

He held her.

"I'm fine Hope, you don't have to worry about me," Will said with a small smile.

She leaned back. She stared at him a second longer—

"Rest, I'll come back to serve your meal," she said giving him a kiss on the forehead.

Will had a lot of questions he needed to ask her; like who Bennett and Betty really were or who the people that had rescued him were, but he would swallow them for now.

He nodded and watched her retreat back to the adjoining room.

He didn't know where they've brought him, only that the interior faintly reminded him of a log house he'd visited some years back.

Where exactly were they?

He laid back down on his bed.

His eyes suddenly felt droopy and before long, he fell into a deep sleep.

The Concessionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें