Chapter Thirty-Six

After dinner and a little rest, they decided to stroll a bit and Will felt himself swelling with happiness. He'd longed to be with Hope like this for so long and now that it was finally happening, he was beyond elated.

He noticed the flush in her cheeks as the weather was chilly. It was nearing winter after all. He took off his jacket and wrapped it around her. The look of affection in her eyes made it worth it.

They visited a lot of their old spot from back when they started dating, places he'd forgotten until recently.

He remembered her favourite colour was pink. He remembered she loved photography; she even showed him some pictures of him she'd taken when they'd had first been together.

These were some of the happiest moments of his life. Hope had always been there. He couldn't take his eyes off of her and all he could think about was what he could say to keep the smile on her face.

After the park, they kept strolling until they passed by Monosoft.

The company still stood regal as it did two years ago.

Hope noticed the way William froze as soon as he saw it. He looked shocked like he couldn't believe his eyes.

Will still couldn't believe that was where it all happened. His boss, James, Becky. It all seemed like some faraway dream.

He stared for a while longer at the building before finally looking away. She'd expected to see a look of anger or despair but all she saw was calm.

Soon after they were back at Hope's apartment.

Hope kept stealing glances at him; she had to admit, he was handsome; even more so with the new hair cut, but she'd noticed something else- ever since he'd said those words about protecting her from the darkness back at the restaurant, he'd gotten a lot quieter and for some reason, it made her worried. She'd noticed it throughout their entire date.

"Will,"

Will turned to look at her.

He smiled.

Tears prickled the back of her lids and she didn't know why.

They were already at the entrance of her apartment. Her back was to the door while he was facing her.

His eyes softened seeing her tears.

"Why are you crying?" He raised a hand to her cheek to wipe her tears away.

Hope shook her head,

"I don't know," she looked up at him. Why did she feel hollow all of a sudden? What was this gut-wrenching feeling?

Why did she feel like something was going to happen soon, something terrible?

A cold wind blew past them both and Hope shivered. Hope could feel it. They were in the shadows waiting, ready to pounce.

They've been following them for a while, ever since the restaurant.

She looked beyond Will's shoulder and locked eyes with one of them-demons.

There was at least a twenty-meter circumference of light around the two of them-it separated them from the demons, and none of the grotesque-looking creatures dared cross it.

Hope looked at Will,

"Can you see them?" She asked him.
William nodded.

"I have for a while." Hope was impressed that he was already epitomizing spiritual gifts.

The Holy Spirit is great like that.

"Stay," Hope said out of the blue.
William's eyes widened.