Chapter Thirty-Seven

Run.

That was the recurring word ringing in his ears as he watched the end of the world play out right in front of him on tv, or rather the end of one of the most renowned countries in the world.

"We've got to go Will, now!"

What was this?

His eyes were still glued to the tv.

Vaguely Will could make out Seth's voice talking to someone on the phone.

"We'll be on our way." Seth cut the call then turned to him, "Everyone has agreed to meet at Joey's."

Before William knew it, Seth had taken his jacket and was already out the door.

Will hadn't even bothered taking anything except his Bible, a picture of Hope and his family, and Berry.

It would be pointless to leave with more when he wasn't even sure they were going to make it out alive. Will would miss his apartment even though he'd been back only a few days.

Seth was already making his way to his car and William quickly joined.

This wasn't good. Will could see it written all over Seth's face.

This had not been expected.

"What about the others?" Seth wasn't saying anything, he seemed very deep in thought. William took the time to look out the window and he swallowed. Everyone was leaving.

It was almost as if a flood gate had burst opened. Humans were scattered everywhere, running for their lives.

"Seth." No answer. He turned to him. He looked far gone.

"Seth!" Seth turned to him at that moment and William's eyes widened the size of saucers.

Seth had a tear running down his cheek and William felt a foreboding, sick twisted, gut-wrenching feeling in his stomach.

This could not be happening. Had he been right all along?

Even from a distance, William could see it, way up in the skies. This time the meteors weren't just coming at the ocean but straight for land as well. It was dark out but he could see them as clear as day.

And it was happening simultaneously around the world. As if the nuclear wars hadn't been enough.

There would soon be little to nothing left of humanity.

{¶{¶{¶{¶{¶}

Hope could feel the heat of the impact from where she was. She ran out of her room, phone in hand.

"Seth, it's happening."

"Yes meet us at Joey's hanger. There may still be some time. And Hope—"

"Please, be safe."

"I will—"

A meteor hit the street she was in causing a mini earthquake in the neighbourhood.

She was almost out the door when a pillar from the apartment building fell on top of her.

"Hope? Hope are you okay?"

{¶{¶{¶{¶{¶}

They got to the private aircraft hangar of Joey's family and their dismay found that only half of those that had scheduled to come had made it.