Chapter Thirty

'They're at it again, I can feel it.

All they do is take, take, take, till there's nothing left.

A coldness in my belly...

It springs up inside of me, filling me up. It feels like a river, it flows, maybe it'll wash him away, maybe.'
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
William's Pov

Ever since that night...I've felt a coldness. Ever since that night at the mansion, where she'd touched me, things haven't been the same.

A burst of energy from her had engulfed me. At the time, all I could feel was light.

It calmed my demons.

I was conscious of everything.

I knew I killed my family, just like how I killed my father.

I could do nothing about it.

My sister had been begging me, to stop, to help her; tears running, but I couldn't stop my body, I couldn't do anything, I could only watch.

~End pov~

"All they do is take." He whispered.

Will was back in prison. Though a lot of people got free in the past as a result of the battle between the cherished and Fil—a lot from the realm he was currently held as a prisoner—a significant amount of people have found themselves back in the devil's dungeon.

Some days were quieter than some. And some days all you would hear for hours were the screams of people being tortured.

They weren't dead, yet but they were captives down here. Some lawful and some unlawful.

All he had were his thoughts.

The air reeked of sulfur and poison. The only colours he could see was black and red and orange—the colours of flame.

There was no wind down there only heat and pain.

An image of warm brown eyes and amber hair flashed across his mind.

The thought of her was his only comfort.

She was the only one he had left.

He would be surprised if she was still trying to find him, with everything he's done.

He was alone and secluded in his cell. The chains were back and this time much bigger.

He remembered the fleeting moment when Hope had been able to reach out to him then, he remembered the kiss, he remembered her words.

"...You believed in God again even after everything, but you didn't confess that one sin, your salvation isn't complete."

"That is the hold Fil has over you. Break it and you'll be free. Remember William, there isn't a place that the light can't get to."

Was that really true?

Could he still reach out to the light?

The dungeon was dark as it always was but occasionally there would be a burst of light that would rattle the realm and suddenly a few of the prisoners would be let loose and set free.

Fil Reuc would then make an appearance and mutilate the demons in charge of the prisoners raging and screaming profanities to those that remain.

Will had no consciousness of time. The time spent down there seemed unending.

Could he maybe still contact Hope like he had that one time in her room?

Suddenly, there was a massive earthquake that began shaking the realm and he could hear the demons screeching in agony.