Twenty

You asked, I shall deliver. Sorry it's a bit short though.

~Abby
~~~

Harry shook his head as a fond smile tugged at the corners of his lips. He was amused, though he tried not to show it too much as he observed his beta from the kitchen.

Louis was laying on the top of the living room couch, almost like a cat would, as he obsessively stared out the large window that showed the driveway and front yard. The beta insisted to stay there and would alert Harry upon seeing anything suspicious, but the alpha knew that his beta was just watching out for his parents.

Every once in a while, Harry could hear the beta mumbling to himself as he would stare at a squirrel or a bird that came too close. The alpha had a bird feeder out in the front, and it appeared to give Louis some sort of distraction every few minutes.

"Harry! Liam's here, tell him to go away."

The alpha rolled his eyes at that comment, but toweled off his hands before going to greet his friend at the front door. Liam was only here for lunch before the older alpha would leave to go to work, which Louis should have already known.

Liam smiled at him as soon as he opened the door, the alpha slipping his way inside once Harry stepped out of the way.

"Nice guard dog you have," the other alpha teased as he gestured towards the living room. "Saw him glaring at me as soon as I stepped out of my truck."

Harry rubbed the back of his neck before shrugging in response. "Yeah, I'm sure Lou will terrorize the mailman as soon as he starts coming around again."

Liam only laughed as both of the alphas made their way into the kitchen. He set his jacket over one of the dining chairs before turning to help his friend finish preparing lunch. Harry had decided on homemade pizza, which was a food that Louis had yet to try. The alpha figured that it was a nice meal, not too fancy, but it was good enough to feed multiple people at once.

"What kind is in the oven?" Liam asked as he sprinkled the shredded cheese over the one that Harry had mostly prepared already.

His friend had opened the oven at that moment to peek in on the cooking pizza, making sure it wasn't burnt. "This one is Hawaiian, and the one you're finishing is sausage."

Liam wrinkled his nose when Harry mentioned the pizza, obviously not a fan. "Who eats Hawaiian? I bet Louis will throw a fit."

"My mother," the alpha responded. "And Louis can't complain until he tries it, he knows the rules."

Harry cancelled the timer on the stove before it beeped, the alpha using a towel and oven mitt to take out the first pizza. Just as he had set it on a hot pad, Harry jumped in surprise when his beta started shouting from the living room.

"Car! Harry, there's a car!"

Liam snickered, taking it upon himself to place the second pizza in the oven. "Yep, great guard dog."

The alpha only rolled his eyes as he once again made his way to the front door. However, Harry didn't really get the chance to open it, his beta having come around the corner and slamming into him in his rush of excitement.

"Shit, sorry," Louis laughed as he righted himself, the beta offering a hand to help Harry get back up. The alpha took his beta's hand and simply yanked Louis to the floor in a quick act of revenge. Louis was clearly surprised by this, but the both of them ended up laughing a few seconds later.

Harry shoved Louis' legs off of him, right as a knock sounded on the door. The alpha fixed his shirt that had gotten a little wrinkled before gesturing for his beta to head into the kitchen. "Go finish setting the table, Blue. I'm sure Liam would help you."

Louis saluted as he stood himself back up, and Harry watched as he left before shaking his head in fondness. The alpha was so smitten with the wild beta, it was ridiculous. Harry opened the door then, being immediately greeted by his mother whom kissed his cheeks instantly.

"Harry, dear, so glad to see you," Anne hugged him before the alpha even had the time to invite his parents inside. He gladly hugged her back though, a smile brightening his face.

"Good to see you too, mum," he replied before his gaze met with his stepfather's. "Robin."

The older male nodded in greeting, ready to speak with his son, but Anne was just too excited and cut off her husband before he even had the chance.

"Where's that sweet beta of yours, Harry? I'm just dying to meet him."

Harry simply stepped aside and allowed his mother to barge into the house, rolling his eyes when he heard Louis and Anne talk loudly amongst themselves moments later. The alpha wasn't so worried about his beta at that moment, knowing that his mother would only smother him in love and affection.

Robin shook his head, patting Harry on the shoulder as he entered the home before following after Anne's lead. Today was going to be a very interesting day indeed.