Eleven

Liam watched his best friend intently, listening in on the low rumbles, short chuffs, loud snorts, and the small whines that came out of the wolf's throat.

The elder alpha then strained his hearing to see if the beta responded to Harry's calls, beaming in happiness when the wild wolf would.

Although he's still upset that he didn't catch Blou himself, Liam was happy for Harry; his younger friend has been dreaming and wanting that beta, and he wouldn't let jealousy get in the way of their friendship. Perhaps once his friend completes all the bonds, then Liam could become acquainted with the beta as well.

But shaking his head to rid of those thoughts, Liam focused in on his friend once more. "Okay Harry, enough chit-chat, call him back now."

The young alpha stopped to look at his friend, and nodded before raising his muzzle in a quiet howl.

It took a while, the poor beta probably having been lost in the foreign house, but eventually, both alphas perked up in interest when the small wolf slunk towards them from down the hallway.

Liam noted that he was hesitant, the wolf's steps unsure, and his head hung low as if he's just been scolded.

Harry must've gotten impatient, and growled once more, which caused the beta to jump from the sudden noise and pick up his pace until he bowed down in front of the bigger wolf, licking the alpha's muzzle.

The younger male looked towards his friend in confusion, and Liam rolled his eyes. "He's showing that he's sorry, H. Stop looking at me for help, and just act on instincts now. Blou's going to need that, at least for a while."

Harry then lowered his gaze until he locked eyes with his beta, the smaller wolf immediately rolling over onto his back to expose his soft underbelly in total submission; and even Liam leant forward in his seat at the action.

The larger wolf growled low in his throat before snapping his jaws downwards, teeth bared as he snarled right in the beta's face.

Blou didn't react, just continued to lay there, even when his alpha got off of him and shifted back to his human form.

"Harry, what the hell are you doing?" Liam asked as his friend opened up the closet nearby.

The younger alpha didn't answer right away, too preoccupied in rummaging through the clothes, but when he did, it wasn't what Liam was expecting.

"Hey, listen mate, thanks for coming over and helping me; I don't know what I would've done without you, but I think it's time for you to head out. It's late and we're pretty tired, especially Blou," Harry replied as he pulled out an old pair of sweatpants before tossing them onto the bed.

The older alpha nodded, reluctantly agreeing. "Yeah, H come see me out? I've more stuff to tell you," Liam hinted as he gestured towards the pliant beta that was still laying on the floor, belly-up.

Harry opened the bedroom door then, letting his friend exit before he did, closing the door behind themselves so that his beta wouldn't get too ahead of himself. "Did I do everything right?" He asked with concern in his voice.

Liam smiled. "Of course, you did fine. There's just more bonds that you've got to do if you want to claim Blou as yours for the rest of your life."

"Go on, I'm listening," Harry muttered as he gave his full attention to his best friend.

The elder sighed as he tried to formulate the appropriate words. "Well, so far you've got both the pack and social bonds, which is good; but, you need to create physical bonds to make your claim, and have Blou as your mate. To do that, well," Liam trailed off as he scratched the back of his neck embarrassedly. "You need to get him to submit and commit while having..."

"Sex!?" Harry shrieks, throwing his hands up to help cover his flushing cheeks. "I didn't think we'd have to do that right away!"

"Well you don't have to, whenever you're ready really, but I wouldn't necessarily wait too long, H. Alphas from this area have been pining after your Blou, and believe me, they'll try to snatch him up if they have a chance," Liam stated sadly, but it was true. "But once you mate, you know, when you knot and bite down on your beta's sweet spot, you'll complete a physical and soul bond."

Harry just stared, lost, so Liam decided to explain himself further. "Physical because he'll have your mating mark, and soul because you'll then become one; you'll be in sync with each other, and there's no better feeling, H. And believe me when I say this, but once you mate, you'll both be happier, complete."

The youngest nodded, letting this information sink in as he slumped against the counter. It was quite a lot to take in, honestly, but it was so worth it. "Is that all, or is there anything else I need to know of?"

Liam shrugged as he slipped his jacket on. "I'm sure you'll figure it all out."