Nine

He was right there, and he hesitated.

Louis doesn't really know what was stopping him from touching and waking this man up. It wasn't as if he was scared, okay, maybe he was a little, but that's beside the point.

His chest rumbled with a growl then, and his arm retracted back to his side instantly before his bones snapped quite aggressively. The small beta had changed back into his wolf, and the shift was a loud one. So loud in fact that it woke up the sleeping alpha.

Louis growled again at the man, who had yet to introduce himself really, as he had sat up on the bed.

The alpha looked at him questionably, as if he was confused about his beta's behavior.

Jumping off of the soft mattress, the wolf bared its teeth in a menacing snarl, glaring at his captor.

There was only room for one alpha, and the small beta chose that this was his place to stay; so that meant that the other wolf had to leave, and now.

Lifting his leg, Louis marked his territory, much to the man's dismay.

"No! Blou, what the fuck? You don't go in the house," he groaned as he forced himself out of bed.

Louis barked out a warning as the man drew closer, poised to strike at any given moment in an attempt to defend himself and his newly marked territory.

"Listen, I'm not going to hurt you," the alpha raised his arms up to show the beta that he meant no harm, but the small wolf wasn't having it.

Harry sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose, slowly backing away from the distraught beta, as he headed for the door.

The young man closed the exit as soon as he had opened it, the territorial and possessive beta having been right behind him.

He could hear the wolf scratching at the door now, growls still audible as the alpha headed into the living room.

Pulling out his phone, the man opened up his contacts, knowing who to call in this situation.

The phone ringed a few times before the voice of his best friend could be heard on the other line; and Harry couldn't be any more relieved.

"Hey mate, I really need your help right now."

'Yeah? What's going on, H?'

"It's Blou! He's out of control, and I don't know what to do. Can you come over to check him out? I don't think he's feeling well," the young alpha stated, unsure.

Liam sighed groggily, as if Harry had woken him up, and he probably had, but Harry was too concerned to care at the moment.

Finally, after what felt like a long pause, Liam agreed. 'Yeah, fine, whatever. I'll be over in twenty.'

Harry smiled in relief. "Thanks mate, but please hurry before he tears up my guest room."

Liam mumbled something incoherent before the line clicked off, signaling that he had hung up.

The young alpha scowled but placed the phone back onto the charger connected to the outlet nearby, now left with nothing to do except wait for his friend to arrive.

Heading into the kitchen, Harry decided to start the burner. A nice cup of tea would help calm him down a bit, and he's sure that a mug will help wake Liam up too, so he's made sure to add in extra water into the kettle.

As soon as the kettle whistled a good ten minutes later, Liam came strolling into the kitchen after having let himself into the household.

Without a word, the older alpha picked up the offered mug before taking a sip of the prepared beverage. The hotness of the tea burnt his tongue and throat, but his increased healing fixed that problem right away; and the drink had woken him up quite effectively.

"So what seems to be the problem, H?" He asked as he placed the mug in the sink, having already downed his tea.

Harry took the last sip of his own before answering. "I don't really know," he mumbled truthfully as he scratched the back of his neck embarrassingly. "We were both sleeping, and then he must've woke up. After that, it's like a switch flipped and he became aggressive."

Liam raised a brow, not knowing if his friend was really dumb, or uneducated on the matter of betas in general. "Seems to me like Blou's trying to prove himself as the alpha, Haz. Honestly, have you no commonsense?"

Harry rolled his eyes. "You know that I wasn't really the one to pay attention in class. Can you just please help me, maybe talk me through things as we go along?" He questioned as he led his friend down the hallway and to the guest bedroom door.

Liam wrinkled his nose at the stench immediately, already preparing himself for the chaos that was about to unfold. "Jesus, I can smell his markers through the door. What the hell did you do to him that caused him to get defensive?"

Harry raised his arms up in exasperation, clearly getting angry at the matter himself. "Nothing! I did absolutely nothing, Liam!"