Fifteen

After an eventful night where neither of them got any sleep, Harry finally had enough and got out of bed at 8:00.

Louis had just started to doze off, his little body finally succumbing to all of the stress that a new environment can cause. The young beta looked so small curled up amongst the covers, and Harry had to stop himself from waking him up.

Today, he'd let the boy rest. Tomorrow, he'd like to get him started on the new schedule. And next week, Harry will take him back to visit the fields.

The alpha had then proceeded to spend most of the morning cooking some breakfast, taking a shower, and calling his family. The time was nearing 11:00 when Louis finally stumbled his way down the hallway and into the kitchen. By then, Harry had just gotten off the phone with his father and mother — they'll be coming around sometime in the week to come and visit him, as well as to meet said beta.

"Good morning, my sweet prince," Harry greeted with a small chuckle, thoroughly loving the beta's messy bedhead.

Louis grumbled as he sat himself down next to his alpha, laying his head down on the table as soon as he did.

Harry just nudged the boy until the beta finally lifted his head up to glare at him. "Not a morning person, are ya?" He laughed as he ruffled Louis' fringe.

Louis growled, his eyes squinting in irritation at the alpha who seemed to be too perky at this hour.

The youngest glared back, his eyes flashing a warning towards the beta. Louis immediately shut his mouth and shifted his gaze in the opposite direction, baring his neck in submission.

Harry sighed as he leaned over and gripped onto the beta's ear in a reprimanded manner, but Louis took it nonetheless without a peep. "You will not give me any attitude, do you understand?"

"Yes alpha," Louis murmured, starting to squirm in his seat at the pressure that the alpha was pinching onto his ear.

Harry finally let go, ignoring the red, tender skin he's left behind on his beta's earlobe. "Good, you may look at me now. I had hoped we'd have a better morning than this. Perhaps our afternoon and evening shall meet my expectations."

Louis nodded stiffly, body still tense and a bit uncomfortable with the new surroundings and more importantly, his new form. His stomach growled at that moment, and the beta blushed slightly when he felt the alpha's gaze on him.

Harry chuckled. "There's no need to feel embarrassed about that, Lou. Here, let me show you something," he requested as he stood up from his seat, waiting for the small beta to follow him before leading him to the fridge where he placed the leftovers from breakfast.

The alpha gestured for Louis to open the appliance, and the beta did so, his mouth instantly watering at all of the scents that came up into his nose.

"This is what we call a fridge," Harry stated. "It's where we'll keep most of our food. So, if you're ever hungry, help yourself; what's mine is yours now."

The beta nodded in appreciation, happily rummaging in the fridge until he finally pulled out some lunch meat. The packaging label said that it was turkey, and he vaguely remembers eating that type of bird before.

Harry shook his head fondly but proceeded to grab the bread from the pantry anyways, preparing to help the wild beta make a sandwich.

However, as soon as he turned back around, Louis had already managed to tear open the container and was helping himself, eating the meat plain.

"All that turkey is gonna make you quite sleepy," Harry chuckled as he brought the bread over anyways, making himself a sandwich when he finally snagged a piece out of the container before Louis noticed.

"No it won't," Louis dismissed with a wave of his hand, holding the package close to his chest once he realized that the alpha stole some. However, he watched the man, intrigued, as he spread mayonnaise onto his two slices of bread.

Harry finished his creation and picked it up, about to take a bite before it was yanked out of his hands. He blinked, confused for a second before turning his annoyed gaze to Louis who held his sandwich in his hands, inspecting it.

"What is this?" The beta asked as he sniffed it, his nose wrinkling at the green vegetable that dangled out of the sides.

"A sandwich, also my lunch," Harry huffed, amused. "You can try a bite, but I'd like to have that back before you eat it all."

Louis sniffed it once more before finally getting the courage to take a bite, new flavors and scents filling and overwhelming his senses. He moaned at this new feeling as he chewed, never knowing that food could taste so great combined with other food.

He handed the meal back to its original owner right after, blushing once more when he realized that the alpha was staring right at him. "Sorry."