Twelve

The dull, yellow color of the manila folder stood out on the dark, marble countertop while the alpha walked past the entrance of the kitchen.

He had paused in his steps before he eventually backed up a few so that he stood in the doorway, just staring at the file from a distance.

Harry had yet to read it, and it should've been the first thing to do if he's being honest. Those papers had all of his beta's information on them, and perhaps it would've helped the alpha figure out the wolf's personality and behavior.

With cautious steps, as if he was scared of finding out all of Blou's personal information, Harry found himself snatching the folder up from the counter and opening it as quickly as possible.

Skimming through the introductions that Albert had typed out about the field, Harry finally flipped to the first page that contained any valuable material.

Full (Given) Name: Louis William Tomlinson
DOB: 12/24/1991
Original pack: Austin
Paid Price: $5,480
Field Status: Leading beta
Brought up by: Jay and Raven (field mothers)
Yearly picture (2013):

Full (Given) Name: Louis William TomlinsonDOB: 12/24/1991Original pack: AustinPaid Price: $5,480Field Status: Leading betaBrought up by: Jay and Raven (field mothers)Yearly picture (2013):

The next few pages talked about where, when, and how the beta came to the field; and Harry felt bad immediately once finding out that Blou, no, Louis, never grew up in his own pack. His poor beta had been snatched right up from his mother's den by some human trappers looking for some quick money.

Harry then flipped to the last file, and he nearly had to laugh at what Albert titled it: 'Blou's survival guide, classified.'

Upon further reading, the alpha broke out into a smile, because this page gave out his beta's personality.

Louis, nicknamed Blou ever since he's came in the field, is the living, proper tale of an underdog.
Born a runt, this beta is naturally smaller than the others in my care; and because of that, he's had to fight twice as hard before he eventually caught up with his fieldmates.
Pampered and raised by my two field mothers, Louis grew up into the perfect beta with a personality to match. Who wouldn't love the little, spunky wolf?

The alpha snorted at that, because his beta definitely had some spunk to him.

At that, Harry closed the folder before carrying it over to a drawer within the kitchen that contained other important documents.

After placing the file amongst the others, he rubbed at his eyes tiredly as the young man walked back down the hallway and to the guest bedroom.

Using his knuckles to knock a couple times, Harry finally got the courage to open the door, and flick on the light switch.

A groan came from the other side of the room, and the alpha's neck nearly broke at the rate his head turned to look at the person in shock. "Holy shit, wow, okay," he breathed in a string of words, not really thinking that the wild beta would have listened to his command.

"Shh, I've got a headache," Blou mumbled again as he rubbed his forehead, his hair sprawled messily as if he hasn't showered at all in a few days.

Harry literally lit up as a smile overtook his features. "Louis, right?" He wanted to make sure, testing the name out for himself to hear.

The beta didn't look up at all, but nodded nonetheless at the addressed name.

And wow, okay, Harry didn't think this through at all, but his big mouth opened anyways to help lessen the awkward silence that surrounded the room. "Look at me, beta."

Louis tensed at the simple command, but eventually found himself looking up at the alpha that now stood above him. He watched as the man crouched down so that they were now within the same height, and he also noticed that the man didn't seem upset or anything.

"You said you aren't feeling well?" Harry asked as he glanced into Louis' blue eyes, raising one of his hands to place against the shorter's forehead.

"Just a headache, alpha, I'm fine, really."

The alpha hummed to himself before speaking again, making sure to take his hand away from his beta's forehead before it got too weird. "Yeah, you're probably going to catch a small bug, but that's normal. We wolves tend to get sick if we haven't changed forms in a long time, but of course, only the opposite form gets ill."

Louis shook his head, trying to clear it, but he gripped his hair nevertheless to help as well. "I- I can't get sick; mum's not here," he broke off in a chocked sob.

Harry reached out again to help comfort the now crying beta, but the shorter man scooted away as soon as he noticed the alpha's outstretched arm.

"Don't touch me!"

The man raised his arms in surrender before standing up slowly so that he wouldn't scare the beta anymore than he already had. "Hey, it's alright Louis, it's okay," Harry soothed as he backed away a few steps, giving the scared wolf more room to breathe.

"I'm going to go across the hall and into the bathroom, yeah? And I'm going to start up a nice, warm bath for you, okay?" He stated slowly, seeming to notice that his voice calmed the beta down slightly.

Louis sniffles as he rubbed at his eyes, completely exhausted, but he forced himself to stay awake because the alpha, his alpha, was making him a bath, and he kind of wanted to know what that was.