Ten

The door squeaked in protest as the alpha decided to push it open.

Harry had entered first, letting his best friend trail along behind himself before the latter closed the door as quick as he could to prevent the wild beta from escaping.

The younger glanced around and frowned at the damage. His mattress was torn up and shredded in some places, while the curtains received the same fate. The blankets that were scattered about each had urine on them, clearly having been marked and bathed in the small beta's scent.

The said beta was looking at the intruders now, hackles raised as he growled loudly; trying so hard to appear bigger than what he was, as he poised himself to strike at the alphas before him.

Liam snapped his fingers in realization, which startled the small wolf and caused the beta to focus his attention on him instead.

"Harry, at the fields, Blou was the top dog there; he was the alpha to all of the others. That's why he's behaving like this, because he thinks that he's the alpha yet."

Harry glanced at his friend briefly before snapping his gaze back to his beta, not knowing when the wolf would attack.

"So what am I supposed to do about that!?" He hissed, which then caused the wolf to snarl towards him now.

Liam nodded subtly. "Shift. Then bite Blou on the ear, at least, that's how it's shown in movies," the older shrugged before motioning for Harry to do so. "Just do something to show that you're the alpha, not him."

Harry nodded before shifting to his own wolf, not caring that his clothes ripped to shreds during the transformation.

His wolf stood twice as tall as his beta's small, sleek one, and Harry found that quite ironic considering that the opposing wolf still snarled at him aggressively.

The alpha growled back, stalking towards the smaller as he moved at a leisure pace.

'Stay back,' Blou barked a warning as he was cornered against one of the walls, the alpha standing before him.

Harry continued to stalk closer to the defensive beta, waiting to strike himself as soon as the smaller wolf gave him an opportunity to do so.

'Yield'

The beta bared its teeth before lunging forward to attack, but the alpha had dodged and knocked his paws out from underneath him.

Louis struggled to stand back up onto his feet, but every time he tried, the alpha pushed him back down onto the ground with a warning growl.

'I said yield, beta!' The bigger snapped his jaws downwards, grabbing a firm hold onto the wild wolf's closest ear.

Louis let out a loud, pathetic yelp, much to his dismay; and found himself going limp in the alpha's jaws, laying pliant and still as a foreign feeling washed over him. He knew that he was acting on instinct now, his body rolling over to expose the soft underbelly to the larger wolf above him.

"H, I'm going to open the bedroom door, and you're going to let him go now," Liam stated from where he stood, right near the desk in case any of the wolves got out of hand and he'd needed to hit one with the chair.

The alpha's ear flicked in recognition, hearing the slight click of the doorknob twisting before he released his beta from his hold.

He watched as the smaller wolf immediately ran out of the room, and Harry was about to give chase before Liam stopped him.

"Leave him for a minute, mate. Let the poor beta breathe, you've just given him his first bond," the elder waved his hand in the air animatedly as he spoke.

The bigger wolf tiled his head in confusion, and when his friend noticed this, the man shook his own in disbelief.

"H, I know you didn't pay attention in school, but this's pathetic. Do you even know what all the bonds are and what they do?"

Harry shook his head quickly, ears folding downwards in embarrassment.

Liam pinched the bridge of his nose, mumbling to himself. "Of course you don't."

"Anyways, you've just started a pack bond with Blou there, and that's usually the first bond any alpha gives to another wolf. When you proved yourself to be the superior, you've also shown that you are strong enough to protect and provide for future pack members; what you did, you just put Blou into his place and appointed him as your beta."

Liam took a seat on the bed, gesturing towards the open doorway. "Now call for him. The social bond secures and familiarizes your vocals to each other. And since you've got the pack bond in place, he should come right back to you when you ask."

Turning his head to look down the hallway, Harry chuffed a low, rumbling call. With ears pricked, he listened intently to see if his beta would respond to him.

After a few silent minutes, a faint snort could be heard, and the alpha's tail wagged slightly at the sound.

Liam smiled from his place on the bed, obviously having seen his friend's tail movement, knowing then that the beta responded.