Seven

His arm muscles popped in protest, yet he didn't dare make a move in case it would startle his beta even more. The chair was slightly uncomfortable, but he didn't mind it if he got to watch the little wolf sniff his surroundings curiously.

Harry had just placed the steel crate down on the soft, plush carpet of his guest bedroom that had never been used. He's hoping that the lack of other overwhelming scents would help calm Blou down. He couldn't really tell yet, but it seemed to help ease the beta's tense shoulders.

After giving the small wolf a few minutes to himself, Harry finally stood up from his seat; and when he did, Blou bared his teeth and growled defensively, yet the alpha wasn't scared at all since the wolf was still secured inside the box trap.

"Hey hey hey, shh," he tried to soothe as he slowly extended his hand out towards the crate, letting the beta sniff him first. "I'm not gonna hurt you, ever. Let me just set up the room a bit, okay, then I can let you out."

As quick as he could, Harry left the room and went downstairs to grab a couple bowls, filling one with clean water and the other with all of the meat he could find in his fridge, before returning.

The alpha placed them in one of the corners of the room, making sure he showed his beta exactly where they were.

Next, he grabbed the spare blankets that were kept in the closet, and scattered them around the floor and bed, knowing that if Blou was comfortable enough, he'd move them himself.

Harry glanced over at his beta, seeing that the small wolf was sniffing one of the blankets that landed right next to the crate. He smiled, although it was something as small as that, it showed that the beta was curious about the new surroundings, the new environment.

With a sigh, Harry finally huffed in accomplishment. He's just finished putting up the expensive things out of reach from the small beta, and unplugged all of the electronics before stashing them in the closet.

Hesitantly, somewhat scared himself, the alpha walked back over to the crate; reaching down to unlatch the clip that held the door down before backing away slowly, knowing not to turn his back to a scared, trapped wolf.

Harry watched intently as Blou sniffed the air, the wolf's nose twitching slightly as he reluctantly took a small step forward before he repeated the process.

The beta's ears were flat to his head, his tail tucked in between his legs as he took the first paw step onto the carpet, and that's when the wolf froze at the foreign feeling underneath his feet.

Harry squatted down at the edge of the carpet slowly before stretching his body out leisurely, to appear nonchalant and lazy, instead of intimidating to his beta.

The alpha didn't really want to speak, doesn't want to explain everything to the small wolf verbally, so he chose to show him instead; however, one step at a time, as he didn't want to overwhelm Blou too much.

"Relax pup, it's not going to bite you or anything."

The beta eyed him warily before finally coming out of the confinements of the crate, making a quick dash to hide underneath the bed since it was a dark and small space.

Harry smiled sadly before standing up as he walked towards the bed, flopping down on top of the mattress. He kind of wanted to shift into his own wolf, but he knew that that'll scare the small beta more. Instead, he chose to make sure that Blou would be as comfortable as possible because then he could try getting the male to shift into his human body.

The alpha laid there for a few minutes, unmoving, as he listened to the small clicks of his beta's nails on the wood floor from underneath the bed.

Harry waited for a long while, but it had got quiet after that, so much so that he grew bored, zoned out, and had eventually fallen asleep too.

It wasn't until a weight jumped onto the bed with him that he finally woke, slightly startled that he wasn't sure how he should react with the beta so close to him.

He peeked his head over his shoulder to catch a glimpse of the small wolf laying down on the very edge of the king-sized bed, as far away from him as possible, but at this point, Harry couldn't care less; the beta was confident enough to be within a close proximity, and that was enough for him.

Closing his eyes, Harry laid his head back down as sleep lulled him in once more, having been exhausted after a long day; and he's sure that Blou would agree, since the beta was already snoring away and dreaming his wolf dreams.