those

07 | seven

Hanging from the handles of Stacey's closet were two outfits.

One was a short, grey pencil skirt paired with a baggy black cropped sweater which hung off her shoulder gently. The other was a bright red mini skirt with a tight tank top to tuck inside.

Stacey bit her lip and sighed, glancing over at the clock on her beside table.

It was already quarter to five and although her hair and makeup was done - she didn't want to be late.

None of the guys liked it when she was late.

Stacey stepped forward and released her lip from the nervous gnawing of her teeth and grabbed the outfit to her left.

***

Walking down the stairs was proving to be painfully difficult in the short skirt and high heels. The skirt was flapping up and revealing nearly everything and the heels were seconds away from making her topple over.

But it didn't matter anyway.

She wouldn't be wearing them for long during her 'date'.

She got to the end of the stairs and grabbed her purse, walking into the sitting room. Leaning against the door frame, she sighed as the silent house was the only thing to greet her.

Stacey's parents had gone to a work-do for her Dad's job. They had told her it was only for adults and that it was just to celebrate the year.

But Stacey had found the invite tucked away one day and saw the clear letters that stated that it was a party in honour of her father's promotion she knew nothing about.

And it was clear that family and friends could come too.

She had just shrugged it off though. Her parents didn't want her to be there and that was fine. The hurt didn't last that long anyway.

The doorbell rang and Stacey took a deep breath, ridding her mind of useless thoughts and walked out of the sitting room, grabbing her key as she went. She opened the door and Scottie was stood there - curly blonde hair adorned with a baby blue button down shirt and dark jeans.

She gave a quick wave of her hand and he smiled back.

"You look great," he said as his eyes trailed down her body and she saw him gulp a little.

"You don't look too bad yourself," Stacey smirked. "So, yours or mine?"

"Actually, neither," Scottie scratched the back of his neck. "We're going to a diner."

"A diner?" Stacey frowned.

Scottie huffed out a nervous laugh. "I needed a date for this family dinner thing I have."

Stacey's eyes nearly fell out of her head.

"Family?" she breathed out and Scottie winced.

"Yeah I'm sorry," he said. "It was short notice and they've been bugging me for ages to bring a girl so..."

Was she suddenly an escort now?

"So, let me get this straight, you want me to meet your parents?" Stacey cringed. "Now?"

"If you don't mind," Scottie bit his lip and Stacey sighed, looking at the ground before slowly staring back up at the blonde haired boy.

"Fine," she said. "But...just give me a minute, okay?"

Scottie nodded eagerly and Stacey opened the door a bit wider. "You can come in, I'll be back in a sec."

Stacey ran upstairs, her skirt swishing up and her heels making her nearly go face-first onto the ground. She got to her room and walked straight in, shutting her door behind her.

Stacey had never met the 'parents' before and it may not be in a relationship context but she was suddenly nervous all the same.

She leaned against the door and looked over at her wardrobe door, staring at the outfit hanging from the handle. Sighing, she pushed herself off from the door, heading towards her closest and grabbed the outfit on the hanger.

 Sighing, she pushed herself off from the door, heading towards her closest and grabbed the outfit on the hanger

for more follow tahliepurvisauthor on instagram