hurt

04 | four

Stacey was heading towards Kim's car at the end of the day when someone stopped her.

"Stacey!" Axel yelled as he ran over, adorned in his football uniform.

They had been 'friends with benefits' for a few weeks and the whole school seemed to know about it. Stacey didn't know whether to be happy about that or not.

Axel stopped in front of her, breathing heavily.

"Can you come over tonight?" he asked and she frowned.

"But it's-"

"Yeah Tuesday, I know," he said. "That doesn't matter. You gonna come round?"

Stacey didn't really know what to do. They had only ever 'done it' on Wednesdays and Saturdays. It was routine. It was safe.

"Why?" Stacey asked and Axel scoffed.

"Does it really matter?"

Stacey bit her lip. Everyone was looking at them. They couldn't hear the conversation but they knew what was going to happen. Axel and Stacey were sex buddies...and if she suddenly said no.

What would they do? How would they react?

She shouldn't care. She shouldn't be bothered by other people's thoughts. But Stacey was the glue of the cheerleading squad, she was the girl everyone was looking up to. She was Axel's fuck buddy.

And if she let everyone down, then what was the point of her even being there?

"Okay," Stacey said quietly.

Axel breathed out in relief and nodded as a few of his friends came over.

"Hey Ax!" One of them called out as they reached him, placing a hand on his shoulder and looking over at Stacey.

"So this is the girl you've been screwing?"

Stacey suddenly felt sick.

They hadn't asked if she was his girl or if they were together.

"Yeah."

That was all Axel said.

"She's hot." One of them said.

"Bet she'd be a good fuck."

"You gonna share her, Ax?"

The last comment made Stacey look up at Axel so quickly that she nearly got whiplash. He didn't say anything for a moment and looked at Stacey, raising an eyebrow at her when he saw her shocked face.

"How about it?" One of Axel's friends said. "You wanna go for a ride with me too?"

"No..." Stacey mumbled quietly.

"Why not?" he scoffed. "You dress like a slut, why not act like one?"

That made Stacey look down at her outfit; a dark blue mini skit with a sleeveless shirt tucked into it.

She hadn't felt like a slut when she picked it out. She thought she looked pretty. A few days ago Stacey went shopping and bought lots of clothes for the summer that she thought would be cute.

She thought they might catch Axel's eye more and he would spend more time with her.

But now she felt stupid.

She felt naked in her clothes.

"So what do you say, baby?" One of the guys smirked. "You wanna spend the night with me instead of Axel?"

Stacey looked over to the boy she was infatuated with and noticed how he just stood there, flicking through the messages on his phone. She slowly pulled her eyes away from him and felt completely lost.

He wasn't even doing anything to stop them.

Didn't boyfriends stick up for their girls?

But then again...Stacey was his fuck buddy....not his girlfriend.

Everyone was looking and everyone was watching. And that only spurred Stacey on more. She couldn't look like a fool - like an idiot.

Stacey looked up at the guy who was leering down at her, a pathetic smirk on his face and she smiled sweetly.

"Sure." she murmured and put a hand on his chest.

But no matter how many times she told herself that the boy in front of her was the pathetic one, she knew she was lying.

follow my instagram for more: authortahliepurvis