always

06 | six

Seeing something you wanted but could never have was as painfully as being outright rejected.

You want to cry and tears well up in your eyes but none fall because no one wants to look weak. And Stacey didn't want to look weak in front of Axel.

It was almost humorous from time to time as Stacey glanced over in science and could see Axel's hand on Scarlett's thigh; that she was jealous of someone she thought of as lower than her.

Someone she never thought would be competition.

But there she was - the school's nerd - laughing as she flaunted Axel around like a puppy on a leash.

And that hurt more than a blunt rejection from him.

"Hey."

Stacey looked up as she grabbed her stuff from her locker to see a blonde haired boy who she noted was on the football team and hung around Axel from time to time.

"Hey." Stacey replied.

"So," he said. "I was wondering if you wanted to go out Saturday?"

Saturday.

The day that she was meant to be with Axel - but he didn't want her around anymore.

He had a nerd to warm his bed.

Stacey looked back up at the guy. "What's your name?"

"Scottie," he said and Stacey smiled slightly.

He just wanted to have sex.

Stacey nodded tersely and closed her locker.

"Okay Scottie," she said. "Saturday."

"Five okay?" he asked and Stacey frowned.

That was earlier than when most guys came over but whatever he wanted, he'd get.

"Yeah," Stacey said. "Five's fine."

"Okay," Scottie smiled. "Text me your address."

The bell rang and Stacey frowned in confusion. "I don't have your number."

"Yeah you do," he said, beginning to walk down the hallway. "I gave it to you last year."

Scottie walked out of sight and Stacey took her phone out, flicking through her contacts.

Latino hottie.

Chem class guy.

Biology babe.

Hot blonde jock.

Stacey looked at the back of Scottie just as he disappeared out of sight. Looks like she'd found him.

for more follow tahliepurvisauthor on instagram