Chapter 40

A week and a half into Summer vacation Akina found herself sitting on one of the rooftops at UA, looking over the school grounds with boredom. Even though there were no students on campus, Nezu still requested Akina to patrol campus to make sure there were no security breaches for possible information leaks.

As she was sitting there, her phone buzzed and she pulled it out of her hero costume pocket, her eyes scanning over the notification.

🐸Froggy🐸
Hagakure and Mina sent in a request for the girls to use the pool on campus so the girls are going to hang out, you want to join us?

Akina thought for a moment. She was on the clock until 6 tonight, but she would still technically be on campus and near anyone who might be in danger if a villain attacks. Besides, it's not like anyone would care if she hung out at the pool for a bit.

Akina
Sure! Count me in!

***

Akina had changed out of her hero costume and into some casual clothes before meeting up with the other girls of 1-A.

"Hey Aki!" Mina greeted, waving Akina over.

"Hey everyone." Akina said, nodding in greeting.

"It looks like everyone's here, why don't we head on inside and change into our bathing suits?" Momo asked.

The girls agreed and headed into the building to change into their school bathing suits and headed out to the pool, where the boys of class 1-A were already there, stretching and chatting.

"Alright girls, let's stretch before heading in!" Yaoyorozu said.

"Yeah!" the girls agreed.

After they all stretched, the girls got into the pool and started to splash around. Uraraka had brought a beach ball for them to play with so they ended up throwing it around for a while. After hitting the ball towards Tsuyu with a vine, Akina spared a glance over at the boys, where they had been doing endurance training. At the moment they were taking a small break, with Iida passing out Orange Juice cans to his classmates.

"Hayashi!" a voice called out and Akina looked in front of her to see the ball heading straight towards her. Acting fast she brought her hand up and hit the ball. Due to her reacting quickly, the hit was unbalanced and the ball flew away from her and arching over towards the boys, heading straight towards a certain blond with anger issues, hitting him right in the side of the head.

"The hell? Watch where you're sending this thing!"

"Oh! Sorry Boomie! That was my bad!" Akina shouted, "Can you throw it back?"

"Watch where you're throwing, Ginger!" Bakugo shouted, throwing the ball at full strength towards Akina, using his explosions to propel it faster through the air, though despite the speed Akina was able to catch it effortlessly, not even flinching when the now weaponized beach ball hit her hands.

"Thanks! I appreciate it!"

Bakug gritted his teeth before he turned away and started walking towards Midoriya, probably to take his rage out on someone.

"So, Deku. You wanna settle who's the best between us right now? Huh?"

"Oh, are they going to fight?" Akina asked-- by now the explosive blond had gotten the attention of the class, and everyone was watching him talk with Midoriya.