Chapter 17

Akina walked with Mina as they headed out of the stadium to head to the lunchroom. As they were walking they were stopped by Tsuyu.

"Mina, Akina, congrats." She said.

"Thanks, but Bakugo only asked me to join because I could melt Todroki's ice. It's not like I really helped that much."

"Nonsense!" Akina exclaimed, "Without your acid near the end we wouldn't of gotten enough speed for Bakugo to grab those headbands. You and your quirk were essential in that part!"

"Ah, you really think so?" Mina asked, a small blush tinting her cheeks.

"Of course I do! Man, the people here really seem to put themselves down a lot." She puffed her cheeks up. "Where I'm from everyone is extremely confident in their abilities!"

"Oh, that's right, I've been meaning to ask you. Where are you from?" Tsuyu asked. "Since you're a transfer student I assume you're from a different country."

Thank Mavis I went over this worlds map. "I'm from Canada!" She said with a grin.

"Canada, that's so cool!" Mina exclaimed.

Akina nodded, and the three of them continued on to the cafeteria.

The cafeteria was busy, but luckily they met up with some of the other girls from class 1-A who had saved a spot for them. After they had gotten food they all sat down and started to chat and eat.

"Is that all you're eating, Hayashi?" Someone asked, and Akina looked over to see a floating uniform.

Akina looked down at her tray, the only thing there was a salad. She wasn't that hungry and all she really needed was time to fuel her magic. Out of all the Dragon Slayers her and Wendy seemed to eat the least food "Yeah! This is more than enough." She said with a grin.

"Oh, alright then." Hagakure said, taking a bite of her own food. It was kind of strange to watch food just disappear out of seemingly nowhere.

"Hey I forgot to say it earlier, but that move you did during the obstacle course against the robots was amazing." Jiro said.

Akina's cheeks warmed up. "Really? Thanks!"

"Yeah, I thought you had a Nature quirk, though, not a strength one." Uraraka pointed out, placing a finger to her chin in thought.

Oh crap. I forgot that spell doesn't look too naturey- "R-right. I do. My quirk also powers up my strength and other abilities while I'm in nature. So being outside and near the earth gives me strength." Good one Aki.

"I guess that makes sense." Momo said. "I guess you must come from a long line of heroes, Hayashi."

"You could say that." Akina said, scratching the back of her head. "I don't really know what kind of line I come from if I'm being completely honest."

"What do you mean by that?" Hagakure asked.

"Ah, well, when I was a baby my parents sorta abandoned me in a forest." She looked up to see her classmates looking at her with pitiful expressions "I'm fine though! I was found by my foster dad and he taught me everything I know! It's hard to miss my parents when I don't even know who they were. Besides, my foster dad was the best parent I could of asked for!" It looked like some of the girls wanted to continue the conversation but they were stopped by two people walking up to the table.

"Hey ladies, hate to interrupt." A voice said and Akina looked over to see Mineta and Kaminari walking up to them.

"Ugh, what do you two want?" Mina asked.