Chapter 18

I'm not going to be describing the canon matches in much detail. You all know how they go. I'm just going to be skipping onto the matches Akina is a part of! As well as matches that I changed for story convince!
———————

Before the final round, Akina had decided to participate in the side games. More specifically the scavenger hunt.

Once it started she ran up along with some of her classmates and grabbed a card, flipping it around and reading what was on it. The moment she read it she grinned and ran off. Heading off of the field and through the halls, sniffing the air for a certain scent.

There! Akina exclaimed. She turned a corner and saw Bakugo facing a wall with an angry look on his face. "You're comin' with me!" She exclaimed as she created some vines and wrapped him up.

"What the fuck, freckles?!" He shouted, tiny explosions coming out of his one free hand. "Put me back!"

"Nope!" Akina ran back through the halls and into the stadium, Bakugo being dragged along with her. She could feel the stares of other people as she ran but decided to ignore them. The moment she burst back onto the field she ran straight towards Midnight and showed her the card.

"A hedgehog?" Midnight asked, looking from the card to Bakugo.

"Yeah! He pretty much is a hedgehog, right?" She asked, tilting her head to the side as Bakugo struggled behind her, his spiky hair seeming to shift around, a lot like a hedgehog's quills.

Midnight was quiet for a moment before she smiled. "I'll allow it!" She exclaimed. "Five points to Hayashi!"

"Let me go, freckles!" Bakugo seethed.

"Whatever you say!" She said, immediately retracting the vines fro around him and letting him drop to the ground. "Now, onto the next card!"

Bakugo watched as she ran off with a pissed of expression on his face. Though as much as she pissed him off. He would admit that she was strong and that just made him want to beat her during the finals.

You'd better fucking advance, freckles. He thought as he stomped off the field to return to what he was doing before Akina abducted him.

***

The first few matches went by pretty quickly. The first match was Midoriya against Hitoshi. Ultimately Midoriya won the match even if it was close. Hitoshi's brainwashing quirk really was strong.

The next match was Todoroki vs. Kaminari. Kaminari tried to electrify Todoroki before the half and half boy could do anything. Unfortunately for the blond, Todoroki was quick on his feet and able to shield himself from the attack by making a dome of ice, then he created a glacier, freezing Kaminari inside and winning the match.

The next match was Akina's. She walked into the stadium with a bounce in her step and an excited grin on her face. As she walked onto the stage Cementoss had created, Present Mic started talking.

"The insane amount of ice from the second match has finally been cleared, so it's finally time to welcome new competitors! Even beautiful flowers have thorns. It's the assassin from Class B, Shiozaki Ibara from the Hero course! Versus a late addition to Class A it's Hayashi Akina from the Hero course! Keep those eyes peeled I wanna see a super flashy battle this time!"

"Excuse me!" Ibara called up, interrupting Present Mic. "Please pardon the interruption. I'm not sure why you called me an assassin. I've come to the festival in search of victory, not to take my opponent's life. That wouldn't be in line with the values of a hero at all, sir."

Akina just looked at the vine-haired woman with a deadpan expression. Really? She brings this up now? Just before the two of them were going to fight? Come on, she's just delaying the fight!

"Right. I'm sorry." Present Mic said.

"Gentlemen, I didn't enter UA for wicked or selfish reasons, but to deliver salvation to others! It is my humble quest to spread true good across this world."

"Listen, I said I was sorry! That was my bad, okay?" Present Mic repeated.

"I thank you for your kind understanding." She bowed and Akina looked at her with her arms crossed. She was growing impatient.

"Can we start the fight now? We don't have all day." She said.

"R-right! So anyway. Begin!" Present Mic exclaimed.

The moment Present Mic said that, Ibara sprung into action. Vines sped directly towards Akina.

"Looks like Shiozaki is starting the match off with a plan!" Present Mic announced, "And Hayashi isn't moving a muscle! What is that girl thinking?!"

Akina waited patiently as the vines sped towards her, and the moment they got close she opened her mouth and caught one of the speeding vines in her mouth. The thorns scratched at her tongue but she didn't mind too much. The other vines she dealt with by using her own vines to slice them up. Once they were slice Akina slid them into her mouth— almost like she was eating spaghetti.

"My eyes must be deceiving me but I think Hayashi just ate those vines! Is she crazy!?"

"Man, that was really good! You just grow those vines out of your head? So awesome!" Akina exclaimed once she had swallowed the vine. "Send some more over!"

Ibara looked at her with wide eyes, and the people in the stands were shocked into silence. She just ate a vine.

"You okay over there? Well, I've been fueled up for a bit. Guess I might as well end this match!" She ran forwards while Ibara was shocked and the moment she was in front of the vine-haired girl she grabbed onto her and picked her up, calmly walking over to the boundary line.

Ibara realized what was happening and tried to used her hair to get herself free, but she soon realized that her vines were going the opposite way of Akina whenever she tried to get them to tie her up.

"I control all things nature." Akina said as she walked. "Your hair is technically nature. They're vines that need water and sunlight, therefore, I can control them to my own will." She placed Ibara down and patted her shoulder. "Your first matchup was unlucky for you. I bet if you went up against someone else you would be moving on."

"W-what?"

"S-Shiozaki Ibara is out of bounds! Hayashi moves onto the next round!" Midnight exclaimed.

"I hope we can be friends!" Akina said as she hopped off the stage, unaware of the amount of people staring at her in shock.

***

Back in the city, the man stood tall as he walked along the streets. He earned suspicious stares from people walking by him. The air smelled strange, but he's been here for a while now so it wasn't as jarring as it was when he had first gotten here.

"That girl's insane." A woman muttered. standing in front of another TV display. The man stopped in front of it and looked at the freckled girl walking off a field with a content look on her face.

"Just what I'd expect from you, Vine for brains." The man said before he continued walking.