Chapter 21

Akina sat on top of a table in the waiting room, humming softly to herself as she weaved flowers together. Her mind had wondered back to the Grand Magic games and all the fin times she had with her guild as they proved to all of Fiore that they were the number one guild.

The peace was suddenly interrupted by someone kicking the door open, causing Akina to jump and drop the flower crown she was weaving. She looked towards the doorway to see Bakugo staring at her with a confused expression.

"Hey, what the hell are you doing in here? This is my space to-" he paused and leaned back to read the sign. "Crap, this is waiting room number two?"

Akina laughed. "What, you so nervous about our match that you forgot how to read for a second?" She teased.

"At least I don't have the reading level of a little kid!" Bakugo shouted angrily.

"Hey! I can't help it! Your lettering is confusing and nothing as to what I'm used to!" Akina retorted.

"Hah! You're such an idiot!"

"Am not, Hedgehog!"

"Stop calling me that, Freckles!"

"I'll stop when you stop being a hedgehog." She stuck out her tongue and slid off the table. She crouched down and picked up the flower crown that she had dropped when Bakugo kicked the door open.

"What? You making a flower crown? How lame." Bakugo scoffed. "I'm kinda disappointed my opponent in the finals is a sissy."

Akina looked at him with a deadpan expression. "Did you... not see me completely demolish the stadium and send Todoroki flying in my last match."

"That Icyhot bastard only used half of his power, I'd be more impressed if you had lost to him."

Akina straightened up with her flower crown in her hand. "Well, I guess I'll just have to show you exactly what I'm capable of, huh, Bakugo."

***

Akina walked through the hallways to get to the field. She had been notified that her match was gong to be starting soon.

As she walked a burning scent made it's way to her nose and she stopped in her tracks. Looking over her shoulder she saw a large man who seemed to be partly on fire.

"Uh, hello there, sir. Can I help you?" She asked, turning around to fully face the man.

"You beat my son. You must have some type of strong quirk." The man said.

Beat his son? Oh, this Must be Todoroki's dad. I knew the scent was kinda familiar. "I guess so."

The man scoffed, "If only he had used his flames, he would of wiped you out in seconds. Such a stubborn brat." He added the last thing quietly, but Akina was able to hear him loud and clear.

"And what makes you think that, huh? Do you think that just because I have a nature quirk a few flames would take me down? To make assumptions about someone you haven't even met is very rude, and you might come to find that your assumptions aren't always correct."

"What are you saying, girl?"

Akina just gave him a smile and turned around, walking down the hall and headed straight towards the field.

***

"Welcome to the final battle of the UA High School Sports Festival! In just a moment here we'll see which first years come out on top!" Present Mic announced. Both Akina and Bakugo were on the stage, the crowd raring with excitement all around them. "Yes, it all comes down to this, folks! From the hero course, it's Hayashi Akina! Versus her classmate, Bakugo Katsuki! Now begin!"